[Merged] Will AoE: DE be available on Steam?

@xFasero1x said:
My question is a bit obvious. I like AOE a lot but all my games are on steam , so. The game will be released only on the Windows 10 store but, will it be someday on steam? I mean, like half a year after it is released? Should i wait and see if i can buy it on steam some months later?

Or just buy it they day it is released on the windows 10 store. I want to buy it as soon as posible, but if it is going to be released on steam some months later I prefer to wait and buy it on steam.

I really think it should be on Steam some time later, and would be kinda logic releasing it on Steam after a while. Unfortunately, Microsoft is very unpredictable in all that concerns Age of Empires franchise, so
 it depends on how much do you want this game. If you already have Windows 10 and Windows Store
 well, 20 is not a huge price, but you can also wait about a month or two after its release and see what happens.

On last week’s official AoE stream it was mentioned that there are currently no plans for a Steam release. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178139769

^what this guy said

Kinda sad everyone is so exited about the upcoming AoE’s they’ll buy it anyway, doesn’t matter which platform(s) Microsoft is forcing them to use. I really love the AoE franchise, never stopped playing it since release. But ■■■■, I’m not accepting a Windows / Xbox store exclusive
 Cmon people, we should revolt against this tyranny
 I won’t buy or even play anything that’s WIndows 10 exclusive. The GFWL massacre all over again

@Vasz01 said:
Kinda sad everyone is so exited about the upcoming AoE’s they’ll buy it anyway, doesn’t matter which platform(s) Microsoft is forcing them to use. I really love the AoE franchise, never stopped playing it since release. But ****, I’m not accepting a Windows / Xbox store exclusive
 I won’t buy or even play anything that’s WIndows 10 exclusive. The GFWL massacre all over again

They put a gun in your head?..I mean forcing to use

So Nintendo force me to buy their console to play Zelda, interesting.

If you don’t accept it you don’t play. They have the rights not you. That’s why are a agreement before buy or install.

Play other RTS if you want riot.simply.

If they want
 can retire from steam their games. Or stop making game because the people riot.

@Augustusman said:

@Vasz01 said:
Kinda sad everyone is so exited about the upcoming AoE’s they’ll buy it anyway, doesn’t matter which platform(s) Microsoft is forcing them to use. I really love the AoE franchise, never stopped playing it since release. But ****, I’m not accepting a Windows / Xbox store exclusive

They put a gun in your head?..I mean forcing to use

So Nintendo force me to buy their console to play Zelda, interesting.

If you don’t accept it you don’t play. They have the rights not you. That’s why are a agreement before buy or install.

Play other RTS if you want riot.simply.

If they want
 can retire from steam their games. Or stop making game because the people riot.

It’s just I reallt love this game, and the devs tbh. But I don’t think they’re the ones deciding which platform they are allowed to launch on. So yea, you’re right it’s on their terms and I won’t buy it when it’s a Windows Sotre exclusiven, because some MS manager wants to force yet another platform to get more monopoly in the PC market. You must admit they’ld win lots more revenue if this game would launch on a more popular platform. More revenue = a chance to get even better development.

And yes, I don’t play Zelda or buy Nintendo stuff because most of the hardware and gadgets is really expensive yet underpowered and feels kinda cheap and their content is pretty repetitive if you ask me (exploit Mario much?). That said, it’s getting of topic.

A franchise like AoE has a truely mixed audience: players of all ages (pun intended), players using all kinda OS (maybe even some grandpa using WInXP, who knows
), competitive multiplayers, campaign players, LAN-gamers (they really should imply LAN in AoE2:HD and DE editions), custom map builders, city builders, 
 Therefor it should be launched on a more popular, accessible platform, multiple platforms or just be DRM free (yet I do understand they won’t like it being pirated that easely
).

The point here Ms have their own business, they are development the store, the games only are a tactic.

Isn’t related to sell games is related to store and their OS.

@Augustusman said:
The point here Ms have their own business, they are development the store, the games only are a tactic.

That’s what I’m trying to say
 So why attacking me first? :slight_smile:
MS is exploiting their great franchise and forcing players who want to keep playing it to use their own OS and apps. Steam did the same thing back in the day
 I didn’t like that either

Yet
 Steam turned out pretty OK (but it’s not perfect), I’m just afraid Microsoft won’t be able to make a decent enough platform for PC
 They’re just too much focused on the Xbox-thing and merging PC and console

@Vasz01 said:

@Augustusman said:

That’s what I’m trying to say
 So why attacking me first? :slight_smile:
MS is exploiting their great franchise and forcing players who want to keep playing it to use their own OS and apps. Steam did the same thing back in the day
 I didn’t like that either

Yet
 Steam turned out pretty OK (but it’s not perfect), I’m just afraid Microsoft won’t be able to make a decent enough platform for PC
 They’re just too much focused on the Xbox-thing and merging PC and console

I’m not attacking you, I’m attacking your argument. Nobody is forcing you. I want the game but

Some requirents are absurd to me. Not the win store or win10 thing.

The storage in computer
 I don’t want play it to 4k.
Probably I don’t buy this game right now.

The solution is a new hard drive but they are forcing to buy it, so
 I will be patient.
I’m not like those impatient guys, I have other games to play.

I have a question, If i buy the game the day it is released on the windows 10 store and then some months later it is released on Steam.

1. Can i play it trough steam or i need to buy it again but on Steam

2. Can i play with my friend if I have it on the Windows 10 Store and they have it on Steam?

AoE:DE is a Windows 10 and Windows Store exclusive.

There have been no announcements about the game coming to Steam.

If the game were to come to Steam, Microsoft would probably look into cross-play so that players with the Windows Store or Steam versions could play together and buying a 2nd copy from another store would be unnecessary.

I don’t know about the rest of the community. I love the AoE franchise. I’ve been playing it since release and I still do on a daily basis. But I won’t accept a Windows Store / Xbox exclusive. Not buying it and not even playing the alpha / beta untill it’ll be DRM free or available on Steam.

@Vasz01 said:
I don’t know about the rest of the community. I love the AoE franchise. I’ve been playing it since release and I still do on a daily basis. But I won’t accept a Windows Store / Xbox exclusive. Not buying it and not even playing the alpha / beta untill it’ll be DRM free or available on Steam.

So you aren’t fan of AoE you are fan of steam

@rhrmn said:

If the game were to come to Steam, Microsoft would probably look into cross-play so that players with the Windows Store or Steam versions could play together and buying a 2nd copy from another store would be unnecessary.

I can’t see Value agreeing to that after MS play their 1st-in-dibs-card.

Regardless, prepare yourselves to give Value their 30% cut, suckers. They will get it, you know it, it’s inevitable.

Also I love how some M$ buttlicker flagged Vasz01 for his opinion. coughAugustusmancough

@Augustusman said:

@Vasz01 said:

Well said. I don’t understand why people get all up in arms over which button they have to press to play a game. It’s like people enjoy the Steam monopoly
it should be broken.

@RWNorthPole said:

@Augustusman said:

@Vasz01 said:

Well said. I don’t understand why people get all up in arms over which button they have to press to play a game. It’s like people enjoy the Steam monopoly
it should be broken.

I like Steam, that’s right. I might be a fanboy, but not that much. I just don’t think the the devs will add something like the Steam Workshop, like we have in AoE2:HD, which encourage people to mod, use mods and try new stuff. And if they add some mod-stuff, it probably won’t be as easy as the Workshop. And yet another platform with another friends list
 Getting kinda sick of it.
I would buy it and play it DRM / platform free as well. But no
 Not any MS ‘gaming’ platform
 I do remember GFWL
 Still getting nightmares

@“Helios Ra” said:

@rhrmn said:

Regardless, prepare yourselves to give Value their 30% cut, suckers. They will get it, you know it, it’s inevitable.

Also I love how some M$ buttlicker flagged Vasz01 for his opinion. coughAugustusmancough

You bite the bait

@Vasz01 said:

@RWNorthPole said:

@Augustusman said:

@Vasz01 said:

it should be broken.

I like Steam, that’s right. I might be a fanboy, but not that much. I just don’t think the the devs will add something like the Steam Workshop, like we have in AoE2:HD, which encourage people to mod, use mods and try new stuff. And if they add some mod-stuff, it probably won’t be as easy as the Workshop. And yet another platform with another friends list
 Getting kinda sick of it.
I would buy it and play it DRM / platform free as well. But no
 Not any MS ‘gaming’ platform
 I do remember GFWL
 Still getting nightmares

This is all speculation, though. Truth be told we don’t know how the Windows Store will function in regards to DE and we won’t really know until it comes out, (or until the devs tell us, cough cough).

I pre-ordered and will play it when it comes out. Although I am wary, I just want a playable fun game worth my $$$.

GFWL was
something, though. I still remember trying to play Halo 2 on PC
never did get past the first level due to GFWL’s bullshit (didn’t help that the GFWL servers were discontinued that late, either).

@“Helios Ra” said:

@rhrmn said:

I’m totally opposed, but I’m not steam fanboy.

The people don’t understand this, M$ is playing with your nostalgia, they don’t care AoE.
You see the other forums?

I’m. Very disappointed with this DE. AoE was my favorite.
I Don’t care a such thing like a war between stores but the gaming industry these days they are very greedy.

@“Helios Ra” said:

@rhrmn said:

Rise of Nations EE is a crossplay game.