[Merged] Will AoE: DE be released on the Xbox console(s)?

It’s easier to port from PC to Xbox than the opposite.

Only makes sense for Microsoft Studios to port this game for Xbox One. It does not make since to have exclusives for windows 10 when Microsoft is always talking about cross play on its platforms and how easy it is to port pc games to Xbox One systems.

They are trying to keep the original game, and are even using the same 1997 platform to build it on. This would make it incredibly difficult to port forward to any other system.

TBH for a RTS to work on a console with a controller it needs to be basic - such as Halo wars - not much to it but its designed for a console so it works.
AoE is a way more complex game which just wouldn’t work correctly.
AoE2 was horrendous on PS2

Yep. No Xbox for AoE DE for now. :neutral:

Just wondering why this could possibly make any since.

Because it’s a PC game that is actually highly dependant on the PC’s mouse and keyboard interface? I have nothing against an eventual console release further down the line when the talk becomes reality and the Xbone will actually support mouse and keyboard input but until then? It makes no sense, the game would be unplayable.

i remember playing AOE 2 on ps2. it wasn’t too bad with a controller

@Dazzalegend said:
i remember playing AOE 2 on ps2. it wasn’t too bad with a controller

It also required a lot of rework from what I read before.
Besides they want to stay close to the original so they are not going to rewaork things for xbox and they already provide that xbox experience on the pc where you do have mouse and keyboard.

Why shouldn’t it be released on the xbox? I played that game on ps2 and it was easy to handle after a couple of ours and they showed age of empires on the xbox one dashboard.

The games for Xbox One are supposed to be Developer friendly and easy to port for Xbox One from PC according to the E3 Microsoft conference of 2017. I don’t think a game built by Microsoft Studios should have any excuse for not porting to Xbox One.

99 OG here. Still dedicated to this amazing series. Is the remastered title going to be designed, for the Xbox consoles first? If so I am very saddened. #MakePCGamesFirst

No, it’s a PC exclusive. Windows is just using XBOX Live as a method of multiplayer, like MSN Zone and ESO.

@colby06 said:
99 OG here. Still dedicated to this amazing series. Is the remastered title going to be designed, for the Xbox consoles first? If so I am very saddened. #MakePCGamesFirst

This is a PC game exclusive to the Windows 10 store. As far as I aware, it is not releasing on Xbox. It uses the Xbox Live service (which is free on Windows 10) for MP purposes, and I assume achievements, etc. That’s it.

@colby06 said:

I can’t imagine how you’d play this game if it release on consoles.

I have to say, xbox live is a bit of a confusing name, since its not going to be on xbox haha

It confused me at first, but now that I’ve been assimilated, I feel nothing. :smile: Just remember that having an Xbox Live account doesn’t mean that AoE DE will be a console game.

Please look through the other threads on here first. It’s been confirmed multiple times that the game will only be on PC, specifically a WinStore/Win10 exclusive.

but, game presentatis was in pc gaming conference

Pc exclusive.