Microsoft Games The Best

Age of empires 1-3 sind die besten strategie spiele von früher und heute

und fable 1-3

You mean ensemble studios are the best ;p
M$ killed them so no more age of empires games after :frowning:

Smitske, are you by any chance Dutch? Every post you enter is negative. (This has nothing to do with being Dutch ;-)) Continuously seeing your posts starts to annoy me, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. I am not sure what you try to accomplish but if I dislike something I stay away from it. Now you are wasting your own time and also that of others. This forum is clearly for enthousiasts of the franchise. The main purpose is community backed suggestions to preferrably improve a game we all like. You can never achieve 100% satisfaction. I feel bad for you that you had a bad experience but try to remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Smitske does raise a valid point though–Microsoft Studios hasn’t released any good new Age of Empires games since Ensemble Studios was dismantled; rather they have continued simply to remake Age of Empires games. The closest thing to a good game they made was the African Kingdoms expansion for Age of Empires II, but the quality in the campaigns is a definite downgrade from Ensemble Studios’ work. Forgotten Empires was egregiously bad in that regard–with threadbare, buggy campaigns and odd graphics. It is a good thing that for Age of Empires Definitive Edition at least they are hiring some old Ensemble Studios staff.

I have a feeling at Gamescom there is going to be much more of a future for Age of Empires :slight_smile: They are trying to do good things with the series I think going forward

@Otani64 said:
Smitske, are you by any chance Dutch? Every post you enter is negative. (This has nothing to do with being Dutch ;-)) Continuously seeing your posts starts to annoy me, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. I am not sure what you try to accomplish but if I dislike something I stay away from it. Now you are wasting your own time and also that of others. This forum is clearly for enthousiasts of the franchise. The main purpose is community backed suggestions to preferrably improve a game we all like. You can never achieve 100% satisfaction. I feel bad for you that you had a bad experience but try to remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I am a huge enthousiast of the franchise, thats why I cant stand by seeing M$ ruin it for a quick buck. If you love something you don’t like it being treated poorly, which is what M$ has done too many times already with the complete franchise.

It annoys you, guess how I feel with M$ and what they did with AoM EE and the lack of support for that game. Also don’t forget the only reason we do not have more new age of games is M$ shutting down ensemble studios. Yea I am not going to thank them for that.

@smitske said:

@Otani64 said:

I am a huge enthousiast of the franchise, thats why I cant stand by seeing M$ ruin it for a quick buck. If you love something you don’t like it being treated poorly, which is what M$ has done too many times already with the complete franchise.

It annoys you, guess how I feel with M$ and what they did with AoM EE and the lack of support for that game. Also don’t forget the only reason we do not have more new age of games is M$ shutting down ensemble studios. Yea I am not going to thank them for that.

Fair enough and I can understand your point. I don’t disagree either. However it has been done and now we can go two ways. Stay negative and this way plummet the enthousiasm of developers, or we can try to be positive once more and be constructive. We know your opinion, as it has been ventilated more than once now, so let’s carry on. I don’t think the devs don’t know that this very well might be the last chance to get the franchise to it’s old glory again. Failing now will not bring them new fans and will loose them a lot of long time supporters.

I want the developers to take up responsability, and they won’t do it if we just ignore things.