These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- **GAME BUILD 101.101.62085.0 8752729
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home 21H2 22000.675 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0
- HARDWARE: Logitech G500 Mouse.
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I have now tested the below inputs with the Middle Mouse Button (MMB). I tried each of them with the Villager Build options, Cycle to, and Select All options. I also tried them in each combination of mapped, or double mapped, or all mapped at once, or even one or two mapped at a time.
MMB always works as intended.
CTRL+MMB never works as intended. It does nothing except when Shift+MMB is also mapped, and then whatever was mapped to Shift+MMB instead responds to CTRL+MMB.
Shift+MMB never works as intended. It does nothing except when CTRL+MMB is also mapped, and then whatever was mapped to Shift+MMB instead responds to CTRL+MMB.
ALT+MMB never works, at all.
I have admittedly done no testing on the interactions for ScrollUp or ScrollDown + another input.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Clear any default Middle Mouse Button (MMB) hotkey mappings.
- Have idle Villager(s) and idle Military unit(s) on the map under your control.
- Set the hotkey for cycling between idle villagers to Shift+MMB
- Set the hotkey for cycling between idle military to CTRL+MMB.
- Hold CTRL and push down your MMB.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Your screen should center on an idle military unit, but it will instead center on an idle villager.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Frankly the picture is irrelevant, this is about hotkey mappings.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
I have no relevant recording. This is consistently creatable in a default game within minutes.