Mini Castle, Super Tower, Mill+House. What's next?

I don’t think so. We have more asymmetrical balance already like Donjon and Cumans Feudal TC. Only Military Camp is comparable.

And those are precisely the civs that are giving the most problems at balancing.

Eh… I think that early eco, cavalier and chemistry have been fine and Kreposts and Donjons havent generated any problem either. Only the second TC and in a much lesser degree Folwarks are problematic

1 Like

My point precisely. When I said “all of this” I wasn’t referring only to your ideas. A Granary that gives population space, and the Feitoria, for example, already are dangerously close to what would be the end of the game. Imagine that the Portuguese actually didn’t gather resources with Villagers, but it was all Feitorias. A civilization that doesn’t have the three normal military buildings would be just too much.

Cumans is almost okay now. And Donjon is not the problem of balancing Sicilians, not at all.

I’m being unfair, sorry. I actually love early techs. They are an amazing way to make civs feel unique while not doing anything crazy.
And, on paper, I love the concept of building TCs on feudal, but it proved too make the way the civ plays way too different than the rest, even with limitations (build time and limited to 1) put over it, leading to heavy gameplay issues.

A ship that can train units like the uu maybe and a ship that can unpack in to a TC/Dock.

1 Like

Fortified monasteries, castle that shoots cannons or bolts but cost more, cheaper wooden castle, toll castle that collects resources. Maybe even a tower house.

1 Like

Krepost

Portuguese ub

Donjon

I think he means Castles that cost wood, like the Rus building in AoE IV.

1 Like

This is actually a cool idea, though at the very least I think it’d need to cost 1000 wood and be available in Imp only.

2 Likes

I don’t think they are not that popular because of asymmetric design. SC2 was one of the most popular RTS and it was asymmetric.

Not anymore. One can argue that, devs are implementing asymmetric design ever since 1st DLC with eagle civs. And since DE, it accelerated by a lot. I’m open to asymmetric design in Aoe2 as long as it is not as crazy as Feitoria (which is introduced even b4 DE). And I don’t think any of my unique building idea is anywhere close to Feitoria.

Calling it now, this will appear in either an African DLC or an Asian DLC

2 Likes

Tibetan Gompa - Castle combined with Monastery

1 Like

Yeah meant it cost wood. The Feitoria doesn’t shoot back though or allow garrison. Donjon doesn’t increase population if I recall (has been a year since I played).

I agree. Absence of horses and an extra infanty unit is kind of assymetrical. But, come on, it’s nothing like making Villagers unable to build and giving that task to infantry (I’m talking about Norse in Age of Mythology).

I’ve never played Starcraft so I’m grasping at straws, but does that game have to do with spaceships? It’s a very different setting. The theme is unrealistic, so there’s room for going crazy with how civilizations work.

From building 4 to 7, they become harder to balance, which would result in asymmetry. For example, you want a civilization with no Monastery; does it mean they don’t get Faith or Heresy?

Original Longboat idea that didn’t happen.

Krepost cost stone.

I think if it has same stats as Krepost it should cost 450-500 wood. Will be a bit hard to balance in the late game as I said in OP. Maybe its stats should be in between Donjon and Krepost and cost 350-400 wood. Or something like this one.

Even then it will be hard to take down as you need gold to make siege. So I think it should rather have weak stats than strong.

Sounds like Fetioria 2.0. Was never fan of that building.

Persians already got the super TC.

Realm’s mod also has a similar unit so its not fully undoable.

Yeah, AoE2 didn’t include that big asymmetry and I’m totally against it. Although now we have an infantry unit that can build a specific building.

I can’t reply unless you elaborate all of them. As for monastery, yes, no monastery techs. Obviously that will be asymmetry but won’t be big. Techs that improves monks stats will be there on the new monk UU stats as I mentioned. So techs that will be missing in practice are - Faith, Heresy, Herbal Medicine, Redemption and Atonement. Except redemption, none of them are that important. Since rest of the techs you are getting for almost free, I don’t think it will be that hard to balance.