[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

CHEYENNE
CHEYENNE: Cheyenne | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

OVERVIEW: Overall a good civ that needs just a few adjustments. I also hope Rider gets a new bonus effect and is swapped with Dog Soldier (since this one belongs to Cheyenne and not Lakota).

NEW TECHS

• Cheyenne Military Society (350f, 350c)​: Cheyenne Military Societies will reinforce your army.
    New Effect: Delivers 1 Cheyenne Rider for every 2 military shipments/mercenary shipments you have sent so far. From now on delivers 2 Cheyenne Rider with every military shipment/Merc shipment you ship from your HC.
    Why:​ By “military shipments” read as “any Home city shipment cards that come from The Warrior, The Fortress, Military Academy…”. I see it as a militar reinforcement from their Tribal Council when you call out for help from your Home City. I just couldn’t think of a good name.

Lore: Cheyenne military societies and the Council of Forty-four are the two central institutions of traditional Cheyenne native American tribal governance. The headmen of military societies are in charge of maintaining discipline within the tribe, overseeing tribal hunts and ceremonies, and providing military leadership. Cheyenne Military Societies.

• Cheyenne Council (400f, 200c)​: The influence and guidance of the Council provide resources that were once thought as lost.
    New Effect: Delivers the shipment bonus of a random politician from Fortress Age of your civ. Available on Fortress Age
    Why:​ I wanted to praise the authority and secular strength of the Council of 44. I see it as Cheyenne having such a political power that they can “pull” a shipment from one of the 5 members from the traditional Tribal Council.
    E.g: If you were playing as Lakota: it can be either 800w, 12 bisons, 1000f or 2 Tokala (any fast age up, gather bonus and/or cards are nulified= won’t be considered as bonus shipment).

Lore: Council of Forty-four: Council chiefs are generally older men who command wide respect. Historically, they were responsible for day-to-day matters affecting the tribe as well as the maintenance of peace both within and without the tribe by force of their moral authority. Council of Forty-four -wikipedia

• Cheyenne Reinforcement (200f, 200c)​: Follow Cheyenne warriors to make cavalry hit harder.
    New Effect: Heavy cavalry gain +20% siege damage and +10% hand damage. Shock Infantry gain +10% more siege damage and +10% hand damage.
    Why: It’s a straightforward bonus envolving siege and raiding but it feels stacked. I thought of moving it to Apache, but “Apache Bands” (more coin for every building destroyed) felt more suitable.
    Lore: Like many other plains Indian nations, the Cheyenne were a horse and warrior people who developed as skilled and powerful mounted warriors Cheyenne - wikipedia

REWORKED TECHS

• Cheyenne Fury (350w, 350c)​: Cheyenne Rider multipliers vs. cavalry +1.5x and vs. shock infantry +1.0x
    REWORK: I’d like to see a new design for Cheyenne Riders/Fury because there are far too many counters to cavalry who are better nowadays. Long time ago this tech was unique (and good) but 15 years later I can’t feel any spark on it.
4 Likes