Mod server subscribe/download speed slow after Nov 2020 patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam & Microsoft store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Subscribing and downloading mods now takes much longer after November patch. Pre patch the mod was 380MB in size took me 1 minute to download, I have since reduce the size to 230MB but it takes me close to 3 minutes to download.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

subscribe to large mods with graphics, wait a very long time to download.

This is confirmed among 25 to 30 different players across the globe who play the mod regularly so it isn’t the ISP, but rather the microsoft server. after november patch download took much longer than pre patch and this is affecting mods with big downloads greatly.

@DodoNotDoDo is this something in your area of expertise that you could please help us check? thank you.

1 Like

yeah im having the same problem. the downloads are slow and everyone that joins my lobbies take about 3-4 min to download the mods.

3 Likes

I’ll report it to the game team. The actual download part isn’t taking that long, less than 30 seconds for me, so I’m guessing it’s the unpacking or something that’s taking longer. I tested in game and it took about 2 minutes for me.

1 Like

yea it use to take less time to download/unpack (entire process) when the mod was bigger, now it takes even longer. seeing that it’s the unpacking maybe Nov patch changed something there. kinda defeats the purpose of me reducing size of mod to speed up in game experience.

thank you for letting them know, really appreciate it.