- GAME BUILD #: 178653
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
The “Modify Protounit” Trigger in the scenario editor is even more buggy than it was in the Legacy Edition. Properties can hardly be changed. For example, no extra damage multipliers can be added (This was already not possible in the Legacy Edition), but now also other Properties like unit costs (e.g. food, wood, coins) can no longer be adjusted. Only a small fraction of all properties (“fields”) can be used.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Open the Scenario Editor
- Place a unit (e.g. Pikeman)
- Go to the Trigger Menu
- Create a new Trigger
- Set the Trigger active, select execute immediatly and set the priority to HIGH.
- Set the conditon to: “Always”
- Set the effect to: “Modify Protounit”
- Choose the correct ProtoUnit (e.g. Pikeman) and Player (Player 1)
- Choose a field (This is what is not working properly. Speed for example will work while Cost Food will not. Select Cost Food.)
- Choose any value =/= 0 for Delta
- Run the Scenario
- For the majority of Fields (Properties) the Unit will not update correctly.
The changes to the different ProtoUnit Fields should be executed when starting the scenario.