Mods disappearing

Current build. Steam. Windows 11

Every time I restart the game random mods disappear. I try to resubscribe and they appear in my installed list. I then restart the game to make the mods work and often the newly resuscribed mods are gone again. However sometimes some of them stay.

Cannot play the game as a result.

This might be the final straw.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

10 Likes

Same issue here. Added most back in, restarted to make all of them work and whoop some where gone again.

3 Likes

Many people on the AoE2 France Discord have reported the same issue. Let’s hope for a resolution and a backup so that we don’t have to re-subscribe to everything. It would be so sad.

140MODs totally disappeared from “MODs” file for me.

3 Likes

Same…
It delete my mods everytime i start the game.

2 Likes

The game is in complete mess. Thank you people that wished this game on console. Now It’s rotting because devs have others worries.
I want to 100% achievements

2 Likes

Same problem here, seems almost like its random mods keep disappearing. The no intro being the main one that goes missing everytime

2 Likes

Same issue here.

When the game starts:

• mods/mod-status.json is updated, and keeps only ~10/12 random mods
  • mods/ subfolders are deleted

Really annoying…

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Most mods completely gone. Can’t play without mods, hope the devs respond to this soon.

Flagging the “truth” wont fix it. Just warning. But it worries when he have some coincidences and the state of a game becames worse.

is there any way to recover mod list? I had over 150+ mod installed and took me weeks to test each one out and now all gone in second.
having no issue yesterday but later I re-open the game and now everything is gone.

4 Likes

How is anything you wrote useful? How is this related to the topic?

Same.
Please fix this problem.

2 Likes

Same issue. Mods disappear every time the game is restarted.

2 Likes

Same issue here. What’s especially annoying is that some mods will only install after quiting the game. But quiting game will also unsuscribe you from them! It’s a catch-22! I only hope they fix this soon.

3 Likes

same here, can’t play the game until this is fixed

1 Like

This should be fixed now, as of about a half hour ago.

1 Like

No it is not fixed. Please try again.

In what way is it not fixed? Please provide details.

mods still disappear after relaunch of the game. So i have to re subscribe every time.

We’ve seen some cases where the game has to catch up with what the server thinks you have. But once you resubscribe to mods, those should remain subscribed.

If you log on to the web site with the same account you use to launch the game (Steam or MS), you can view your subscribed mods there, which will be what the server thinks you have and what the game will be trying to sync to.