MODS NOT WORKING (MICROSOFT VERSION)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.61591.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I am pressing subscribe mod on any mod, and it does not do anything

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game, open mods
  2. try to subscribe on any mod
    3.it will load for some seconds, then nothing happens, mod is not in your subscribed mod folder

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
mods should work

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @KoPeti6403 we are aware of that issue and already tracking it.

Thanks for your report :slight_smile:

This issue is present if your Windows account has special characters (á, or chinese for example). I recommend you to create an account without those characters for now. The issue is still being investigated.

Thanks!

Salut, j’ai le même problème. Je suis sur un compte microsoft et au fil des dernières mises à jour mes mods ont commencés à buger pour ne plus du tout fonctionner. Aujourd’hui je ne peux installer aucun mods. Mon compte n’a pourtant pas de caractères spéciaux ou de signes chinois… Comment faire pour réinstaller mes mods ? Je les voient toujours via mon compte microsoft mais plus dans le jeu.

Merci d’avance

Both my old laptop(win10)and new laptop(win11)use special characters windows account, but my old laptop can install mods while new laptop can’t work at all.

1 Like

Thank you very much, it is finally solved! BTW, it is not enough to rename your microsoft account, nor your computer user account. You have to create an entire new account to force the windows folder in which the mod files are to be renamed with no special characters. So it was a mess but can be done.