Monk Healing Range buff(and a few possible Teuton changes to offset it)

I’m tired of your nonsense spam-like bs replies that add nothing to the conversation and understand nothing.
You’ve harassed me through multiple threads, and I find it annoying.

You post something and I don’t agree with it, that’s why I reply that I don’t agree with it.

This is not harassment, this discussing.

Oddly enough, i feel like your answers add nothing to the conversation. You wanted a buff because you feel like the healing range is not enough and I don’t agree with that.
Then you brought up the square formations that is in no way related to healing range.
You feel like square formations doesn’t work properly? Report it as a bug. If you think that this is a square formation problem why changing the healing range?

So, my answers are bs and yours are not? You literally brought up something else that’s not related to healing range. Your only point is that you want to heal in a fight. Fine, you can already do it but you have to keep the monks safe.

Maybe you should ask yourself why in this thread you are literally the only one seeing this healing thing as a problem instead of answering “bs (20 characters)” and maybe edit the comment later when someone has already responded you 11

1 Like

Anyway, enough of this. If you feel attacked I won’t answer anymore

Anyways there are 2 main points as to why monks aren’t used currently for healing often enough.

1. Healing range is too low for non-Teuton civs.

2. Monks are hard to keep alive on an open battlefield
    And the main reason is that square formation is bugging out due to monk behaviour that can be easily fixed.
    Ranged and siege units are a good s threat to them and can remain so, the main thing the square formation is for is to counter against or protect against melee units.

3. The healing range being so low that for non Teuton civs you have to bring injured units extremely close just to heal them.

It currently doesn’t matter if the outer layer of units completely seals movement from entry or exit against or for enemy or ally units; the monks will still somehow ghost-walk through the formation when either trying to get out of the way of approaching pathing ally units or if there is an ally unit outside its range that it wants to heal.

All of this is part of the related conversation @Nheltarion
And I also placed in possible suggestions for nerfs or different bonuses altogether because I realized that for Teutons an increase in healing range should be mitigated or switched to something else due to it possibly becoming too powerful when an increase to the base healing range for all monks takes place. And that seemed to be something you were blatantly disregarding.

As for bug reports, there’s already a promising report the devs are currently tracking that may fix the issue, or most of it. @Nheltarion

Furthermore, I only edit comments when I see errors in wording on my part or if I want to add something after. And I only start to add before another person comments. If someone else comments before the addition takes place it is while I am already writing the addition. @Nheltarion

Except I’m not the only one thinking healing range may be part of the problem. @Nheltarion

1.Your opening ‘addition’ to the conversation was to say that there was no point to the change at all.

1. I gave you further points as to why it would help.

2. Another point came up which you completely disregarded which is that the square formation wasn’t working properly (monks running out of the formation willy nillly) which further deters players from bringing monks into battle for healing to compliment their conversion ability and your ‘response’ was basically that it was working as intended and I responded with the closest thing to proof that it was not. And you still refuse to acknowledge it. @Nheltarion

Slight boost to their healing range wouldn’t hurt or break the game. Just a minor buff but mostly a change that makes using this unit easier and more enjoyable. I don’t think it would make it more shallow, like if there is some pro micro technique that makes priest healing strategy more efficient and viable.
In reality they are almost not used due to their slow speed, range, cost vs. general game pace etc.

My proposition- they should be able to construct ‘field hospitals’, or since it’s a medieval setting- field lazarets:
Lazaretto - Wikipedia

Just like AoE III surgeons can create field hospitals:
Field Hospital | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

It would be a cheap (mainly wood, a bit of gold) building that emits a healing aura that is big enough it makes placing this building near a potential battlefield viable. It would heal all units faster than priests, maybe even give some temporary buff to max HP of units within its range.
Plus it could be garrisoned by 5-10 units that would heal even faster.
It would have minor melee and ranged armor, no attack of its own ofc.

It would enhance hit & run strats and OFC all kinds of defensive plays (maybe devs could add walls that can be manned since we’re at it :stuck_out_tongue: )
Maybe it could even be upgraded to t2 with some stone, which would increase its HP and greatly- armor.

I really don’t like that healing falls mostly into the obscure/not viable-efficient/roleplaying category, like diplomacy. Even worse, since diplomacy has no place in most PvP games.

EdIt: personally I’d add a unit that specialized in healing. Having a priest do that is weird. It would be much more realistic to have some sort of monk or nun. In reality they run religious hospitals. I live 1km near one like that. That would leave normal priests with limited, fairly weak healing (pretty much as it is now).
średniowieczneszpitale

1 Like