Monthly Age of Empires Insider Newsletter

Is the AoE Insider monthly newsletter still a thing?

“By signing up as an Age Insider, you’ll receive a number of perks and bonuses. First, you’ll receive a monthly newsletter from our team providing an inside look at the news and developments in the Age of Empires franchise. You’ll also receive surveys via email asking for feedback about our games, our website, and our community.”

Yeah, huh, I haven’t recieved a single one of these so far. This points further to the ideas expressed in @“Mystic Taboo” 's theory about “organisational disconnect between the community managers and the developers”. (Source)

It looks like they are either planning something bigger than just DE, or, the DE is going to take long enough that it is worth giving monthly newsletters for “an inside look at the news and developments in the Age of Empires franchise”.

@Penelinfi said:
It looks like they are either planning something bigger than just DE, or, the DE is going to take long enough that it is worth giving monthly newsletters for “an inside look at the news and developments in the Age of Empires franchise”.

We didn’t have an insider program for AoE II:HD or AoM:EE, so why would we have an insider program for AoE:DE only? Highly likely they will announce a new AoE game at Gamescom.

@rhrmn said:

@Penelinfi said:

We didn’t have an insider program for AoE II:HD or AoM:EE, so why would we have an insider program for AoE:DE only? Highly likely they will announce a new AoE game at Gamescom.

“New”

@Augustusman said:

@rhrmn said:

@Penelinfi said:

“New”

Yes, that’s why I didn’t say brand new or new remaster. :wink:

@jennywaboom said during the Age of Empires stream Thursday that the first insider newsletter will be sent out in October.

@rhrmn said:
@jennywaboom said during the Age of Empires stream Thursday that the first insider newsletter will be sent out in October.

Even with the other games coming, it is a bit too late in my opinion.
They will lose a good opportunity to engage the community right from the first game.

@MarceloMoura10 said:

@rhrmn said:

Even with the other games coming, it is a bit too late in my opinion.
They will lose a good opportunity to engage the community right from the first game.

The real AOE Fans can withstand the lack of information or closed beta access until launch. Remember the time where Steam didn’t exist and you only knew about the game after release date, only few screenshots and no closed beta Access (yeah, old games did that). Even though the game development is a business, the real fans must put their hopes into the state of the game and buy it as soon as possible.

I don’t believe someone playing AOE since his childhood or his first game would be annoyed by something like the insider newsletter arriving too late. In fact, looks like it is coming in October because they want a initial feedback after game launch.

Is beta version , in the past only beta profesional tester does this. No any random guy can do it , but now this one factors why actual industry is a complete disaster.

My guess is the insider information and all that will be sent out post-release of AoE1DE.

@“Ginger Eyed” said:
My guess is the insider information and all that will be sent out post-release of AoE1DE.

If the first one does come out in october, then that’s probably the case. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. I had hoped to know how the game was doing as it developed.

We will get some news about AoE4 probably. They acknowledged that community feedback is going to be important throughout AoE4 development.

@rhrmn said:

Well, this didn’t happen. The newsletter must have had something to do with AoE:DE.

No newsletter yet :slight_smile: for me

And the communication disaster by the game team persists…

Sorry to hear you didn’t get a newsletter. Are you currently signed up as an Insider? In your profile does it say you unsubscribed from newsletters?