More Civs in Aoe4

While I don’t believe many players have the kind of integrity to snub a cash grab, I know that I would, which would put me in an awkward spot if that Civ happened to be really strong (as they usually are due to being new and untested), and I don’t believe I’d enjoy that.

tower rush is more disgusting in aoe4 so my heart cant handle a civ with stone bonus.

1 Like

I haven’t touched the game since November. After finishing the campaigns and playing around with the other civs, I see no reason to return because there’s no new content to play with. I’m not interested in MP much so I don’t particularly care about balance and tournaments and such. I’m not saying it shouldn’t matter but it’s not too important for players like me.

I say, bring on the new content, new civs included.

6 Likes

The point is Koreans don’t have to be a civ with a stone bonus.

They can be completely different from how they are in AoE2.

Like Delhi Sultanate is nothing like AoE2 Indians. Or English in AoE4 have a farming bonus and not a sheep bonus like in AoE2.

Re-adapting the Norse & Greeks from Age of Mythology would be fun (perhaps as Byzantines and Vikings).

1 Like

I think it would be difficult to adapt Vikings to the late game.

Maybe they could only go up to the castle age and not have access to the imperial age but have a very strong infantry rush and very powerful water maps.

But I’d like to see them in the game somehow

No, they will be called Norse or scandinavians so Imperial is easy

What about these resilient Vietnamese?

4 Likes

Perfect balance is elusive, I say bring on the new civs.

Anything is valid to salvage AoE4 in this dire situation, plus the main medieval civs are still not in the game.

1 Like

Yep, if the game does not add more civs, its dead in the water.

2 Likes

I still hope they won’t add new civs until next year. There is plenty of bugs and issues to work on. New civs would be the worst to happen to this game. Meta change every 3 months is enough. But the bugs, and landmarks has to be fixed first.

1 Like

Add more civs and a lighter AI. And team games reconnect. Not that unusual for games to have expansions that add a whole bunch of stuff. Balance is not really that relevant to most people.

2 Likes