More realism would be kinda cool

Yeah, I was just using the tremendous weather impact on the battlefields as an example. I am a big FPS guy, but holy shit it’s expensive. Think I’ll just stick to AoE2 for the time being.

2 Likes

You can read CoH2 players’ testimonials on why weather effects affecting gameplay are a bad idea.

You should be in politics.

AoE 3 failed due to the fact that it was crammed with unnecessary changes that changed the mechanics of the game too radically, and it became different from other games in the series.

What about improving and deepening the mechanics that are at the heart of the series? Not adding useless mechanics that alter the feel of the game, making it another AoE 3.

In game development, this is understood as any dynamic changes to the landscape of the map, for example, the destruction of brothers-in-law with the help of siege weapons or the construction of some kind of infrastructure that replaces the original terrain.

It looks like you and I urgently need to patent this discovery.

In fact, HoMM 4 is the most vivid example of how you can ruin the game with meaningless changes, just so that it is not the same as the previous part.

No, I just explained why AoE violence cannot be “realistic”, and subsequent parts are not required to comply with this rule.

My complaint is that CoH 3 is not historically reliable, just like CoH 2, that’s all, they do not reflect the reality of that time as it was, I want to see how the units I command kill Nazis, and not fantastic soldiers like Germans , the developers again want to tell us a story about the Nazis who, judging by their games, were generally good guys.
CoH 2 was really an offensive game, if you waste a little time, you will find videos on this topic, threads on the forums, and even a petition to ban the game for sale, but you probably are not interested.
Most of the CoH 2 players are based in the USA, while the game is throwing mud at completely different countries, so there is nothing strange in the fact that the game has some kind of online Steam (although it is very small).

No, because these games have different gameplay, CoH is a tactical RTS and AoE is a classic RTS, I might like the classic AoE gameplay, and not like CoH’s gameplay.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve already gorged on the gameplay of CoH while playing the first part.

A game can be objectively bad if a person likes to spend time in it, this is his choice, but this does not make the game good, it just likes a strange game.

The problem with the fake physics AoE 3 is that it looks clumsy, the body seems to fly off from a cannon shot, but at the same time, being at the final point of flight, it freezes in one position as if frozen. I do not argue that it would be nice to see the difference between the effects of small projectiles and large projectiles on units, but the absence of this parameter does not affect the assessment of the game itself.

I think you know that people cannot fly up 10 meters while chatting their limbs cheerfully because of the ragdoll, it looks stupid.

So much more? Can we figure out the exact number of people who like funny physics or stock animation? This is the same case with apples.

In the sense? You yourself said that you are ready to pass by swearing people, but if a person is robbed? And if they try to kidnap him? And if he is threatened? It turns out you just walk by.

The problem is that this is confirmed by reviews from users and critics, only the lazy did not kick the deck system in AoE 3.

It is a pity that someone feels aggression, it is not.

No, it doesn’t work because literally every CoH 2 player complained about it and eventually it was removed from the game because this mechanic was interfering with the players, that’s all.

The problem with any changes that appear due to “Let’s make it simple” is that often the fact that these changes spoil the gameplay that is well-established in the series, we have several examples of mechanics that were added to the games as another " amazing innovation ", but after some time it was removed or killed the game.
This does not mean that there should be no changes, look, for example, at Red Alert 1 and Red Alert 2, this is an example of an excellent continuation that multiplied the advantages of the original, but at the same time introduced changes that were not enough, bringing the original idea to the ideal.

Unfortunately Battlefield 2042 is a broken game, this was noted by the participants of the beta testing, calling the game unplayable in places, which is why it was moved. (Let me remind you that it costs $ 80)

The trick is that in the game it is already there in a sense.
Holes from shells, well, from what shells? The impact power of a catapult is not equal to a howitzer, but let’s say you can destroy the ground with cannons, in which case you can break the partitions and passages of the map and actually upset the balance of this very map.
StarCraft 2 plays well without these features, although nuclear missiles are dropped there.

I think it’s enough just to extend the display time of the corpses, so that the player, shifting his attention, no longer thinks about the bodies disappearing into thin air.
In addition, I am sure that the skeleton mod will appear for those who need it so badly.

But this is striking and can ruin the picture of the fight. The fact is that physics in RTS has never been decent, even in expensive shooters it shows glitches, so in my opinion it is better to have beautiful and polished animations.

We have the foundation that was set by the very first AoE, as it happens with every game series, the first part sets the foundation on which the sequels will be built to improve the original idea.
AoM is an offshoot of the series (Like CnC Generals), AoE 3 would have gotten better marks if sold as an offshoot of the series, as it has too many changes from the given foundation.

In the case of AoE 3, this is a kettlebell tied to the leg of the game.

Yes, you totally don’t argue for the sake of arguing

Just completely ignored this and continued the argument. I am done here…

4 Likes

Let this guy talk to himself, if he can’t accept different opinions he shouldn’t even be an Age Insider.

2 Likes

I think AOE4 is already the most realistic game in the series. I would hope they spend more time working on fixing the various issues with the game such as glitches and poor civilization choices like the English.

If you count it as realism I preferred the AOE2 system where upgrades gave you new unit designs that were visually distinct from one another so you could tell how advanced the units were without clicking on them.

Every single time someone says ONE negative thing about the game they are one of the first to rush to the game’s defense. As if constructive criticism is a bad thing

2 Likes

I don’t think the IV is the most realistic, in my opinion the II has several very detailed and realistic aspects that the IV at least in beta didn’t have.

1 Like