Mounted Archers Used Weaker Bows

You can’t argue in the face of the historical fact that Mongolians themselves carried multiple bows for dismounted use, eh?

You challenged my statement about horse archers using weaker bows. I refuted it with absolute clarity. I explained to you the technical and physical difficulty of shooting heavier bows when mounted as opposed to on foot. I quoted something out of a book. You clearly didn’t know what overdraw is, the foot stance required for overdraw, and the bare minimum functionality of stirrups. In fact, I don’t think you know how it feels to go on a full galloping horse. Stirrups secure the foot, but it does not fixate your core, something that is necessary to maintain balance. Securing the feet in place simply makes it easier to fixate/move your core to balance atop a horse.

You don’t know how to refute it. You post a picture that refutes your own statement (Mongol enactor not overdrawing) You carry the discussion away from historicity to in-game stats, to European vs Asian bow. Asinine.

You said horse archers used weaker bows, on your statement.
My argument destroyed your statement with crystal clarity.
And then you said, how about if it is against the Mongol foot archers with the same bow xD
At that moment, you accepted your defeat.

Have a nice day and enjoy your life.
You are a waste of time xD

And then you said, how about if it is against the Mongol foot archers with the same bow xD

When? lol. Making up a statement does not look good on you kiddo

Here you go!
Enjoy your defeat, I am heading to kitchen to drink your tears xD

even they used composite bows, because of their uncomfortable position on horse, probably they have never reached full draw.

So i think, foot archers should shoot stronger.

5f504da9be7b4102875e255d3576a549
884ed1529f88466aa55291c0d30fba07
![d1ca3e1127c24029b26d7bcd6ccb3167|268x373](u

ae70f8ada2294badafb5515d176accd0
35183882bbbc480c94af11a2c5f10c63
The common shooting postures can be roughly classified into three types of traditional bows: small frame, large frame, and flat frame.
people use different techniques in different environments。
"The main thing is to use the back with the big arms and forearms relaxed.

In fact, shooting on a horse back is not as effective as you thought in a game play. You can only maintain power and precision in around 20-30m cuz you need considering about force angle on the horse back and bump. If you go check Naadam in Mongol you would find it out.

you could go like 180 degree shooting on horse, but you can’t cover 60 degree behind your head, then you need special tech to achieve it

In some case, they would even dismount and shoot @MahoganyHalo80

1 Like

Does anybody here have experience as a mounted archer? In foot archery we had enough of a miserable time under less-than-ideal conditions. It must be horrible for a mounted archer.