Moving installation from one computer to another

Anyone know if all of your campaign progressions and keybindings etc are bound to your profile and stored online or are locally stored on the computer the game is installed on? I want to move my AOE2 (as well as AOE1 and 3 DE) installation from one computer to another and I don’t want to lose my progression in the campaigns and it will be annoying to have to redo my keybindings. Are these bound to your account? If they are locally stored is there a way to move them from one computer to another? Please help.

1 Like

Hotkeys are saved here: “C:\Users\[]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\[]\profile\Hotkeys.hki”

2 Likes

Go to: C:\Users\ [user]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE
Copy this whole folder and put it on your other computer.

To find the game files go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE
And again copy them into the same area.

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks to you both I will look in those location.

1 Like

Ok I just went to copy the files and this is 40 gigs surely I don’t need all of this, is there anything more specific I need from this folder?

1 Like

Yeah it’s all of it :joy:
The game is pretty big

I think you misunderstand me… The game itself is already installed from my stem account on the other computer, so I dont need to copy the whole game I just need my saved files, my key bindings and my campaign progress all of which seems to have been copied by moving the content in the user folder mentioned above. So unless you think there is something else specific I need from the game files I think that is all.

Oh yeah then just the first pathway I sent