MS & Relic! If you wanted AOE 4 to be a sleeper hit then

Thats just not how mods work since the 90’s.
There is a thing called “dataset” you will download at the beginning of a scenario, which will alter your data set (duh) for the game. That means you will be able to get new civs, units, techs, and more then immediately get back to your normal data as you leave the current scenario game thats been played. That’s how it works in AOE2:DE, CS:GO, and many more games based on instanced scenarios. I have no reason to believe it will work otherwise here

ik but if the communitty can do a better than the offiacial dev team is literally saying the game is in better state by letting fans open a fan server so they can proper patch and fix the issues the og team couldnt do just like the case of project celeste.

Looking at those details and knowing the siege evolution, I am pretty sure that if Ensemble Studios were to make a sequel their next step would be adding crew to the ships just like they did with the sieges. Unfortunately Relic couldn’t see that…

I could do the job better than someone at Relic (if the tools allow for whatever it is I’m discussing), because I don’t have to do it for a job and I can spend an infinite amount of time making the mod in the first place.

Comparing modding to a job is often a poor comparison. Modders are free to do many, many things with their time that professional developers are not. You’ll find that if you constrain modders to the same resources as a full-time developer; put them on the same deadlines, it gets quite a bit trickier.

yup it is a poor comparison but still it brings the topic of why relic is in deving aoe 4 instead of other person/group or in the best case for them why ms manage the dev team so poorly

And modders are not paid for their jobs.
They do not work full time.
They may not even have any professional training.
They do not usually have powerful tools and computers.
They need to learn about the game engines which they did not develop (oh and I remember the excuse for slow bug fixes a few months ago is because the game is new right? So are the developers more familiar with the engine or not?)

Typically it takes much longer for modders to implement anything compared to a competent development team.

Modders have unlimited time. It doesn’t matter they don’t work full time. They don’t have deadlines.

Do you mod games? Because that isn’t my experience.