Multiplayer Replays Not Uploading When Game Ends

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When a multiplayer match ends, if a player stays in the match for too long (such as 5 minutes, but could be shorter) the savegame replay from their perspective will be unavailable for download from various fansites.

I would’ve expected that the replay would be uploaded/saved as soon as the match ends, instead of being reliant upon players to exit a match quickly.

Note: The replay from my perspective is still saved locally to my computer, but it’s not available online for others to download.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 75% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Play a multiplayer game (such as a 4v4, but a 1v1 may work as well). Once the game ends, stay in the match for 5-10 minutes. You can do anything in the meantime (look at the map, statistics, make a phone call, etc).

After at least 5 minutes, leave the game and wait another 5-ish minutes. Then check to see if a replay from your perspective is available for the game on any of the various fansites (AoE2.net, AoENexus, AoEInsights, etc). Other players’ replays will be available (assuming they didn’t stick around as well) but not yours.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The match replay from a player’s perspective would be uploaded as soon as the match ends, and not be reliant upon a player exiting the match quickly.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

In this screenshot of available replays from the AoENexus fansite, myself and another player were still in this match 5+ minutes after it ended. After exiting the match, waiting a while, and then checking for replays his and my perspectives were the only ones not available. Since I like to look at the map, statistics screen, etc after a match ends, this means that replays from my perspective are often not available.

1 Like

To clarify, this is an issue on the Microsoft side, not on the fansite side. The fansites simply link to the replay provided by Microsoft. These are the same links that the official site uses when linking to a player’s replays for their recent matches. For example, after clicking on 1 of this player’s recent matches you get the same download link (Stats – Age of Empires) that a fansite would use.

Also, when trying to reproduce I suggest waiting 10 minutes instead of 5, because I’m almost certain you’d experience the issue by then.