Multiplayer will not load match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: V.100.12.43871.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Trying to play any multiplayer game will load then the load screen goes into another load screen without the map and players in it (has British soldiers as a background) and stays stuck on that screen. forcing to end the process.

Initial research has implied that this may be from malwarebytes that both my friend an I use, however even going as far as to turn that off hasn’t resolved the issue.

This was happening before the latest patch too, was hoping it would have been resolved now.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. launch game
  2. click multiplayer
    3.Browse Games
    4.Click Host Game
    5.Set up game (tried multiple ways, ends in same result)
    6.Both players ready
  3. wait for load
    8.It loads then goes into other loading screen
    9.nothing happens forcing alt+tab/task manager/ end task

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Start the match like it would normally like in skirmish or non DE

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

I would have 1 but my friend decided to not be helpful and uninstalled the game, in essence britsh soldiers background with a new load bar that is stuck at 25% this happens right after the normal load bar is done where you can see players and map.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• N/A
2 Likes

Hey there. I have been having the exact same issue. I tried following suggestions to have my avast firewall turned off when I start a multiplayer game but that doesnt seem to fix it. The game usually works for 1-2 games in a row if i have restarted my computer. Does not happen at all when playing any single player games/skrimishes. Sometimes the game will load after 10-15 minutes but at that point it shows everyone has disconnected and it creates a save for the multiplayer game.
Have you received any help on this issue from the mods or support team or have they been useless?

The most common solution is to uninstall all 3rd-party antivirus programs completely and keep only Windows Defender. Disabling usually doesn’t work, because the way these sneaky AVs work it’s difficult to truly disable them.

That is a terrible solution to fix a game issue. turn off my protection from virus, trojans and what not to play a game? what kind of fix is this?

You can make an exception for the game to bypass the antivirus firewall

Use the protection of Windows Defender. It’s a good solution actually, because Windows Defender is really the only good antivirus there is these days. Regardless of AoE3:DE, you should get away from Avast as fast as you can. Avast itself is essentially a malware program that slows down your computer, breaks other legit applications (such as AoE3) and collects your personal data in order to resell it to advertisers.

From Wikipedia:

In January 2020, a joint investigation by Motherboard and PCMag found that the Avast Antivirus and AVG AntiVirus Free version were collecting user data, which was being resold to personalize advertising through a subsidiary, Jumpshot. The leaked documents showed that Jumpshot offered to provide its customers with “Every search. Every click. On every site.” than 100 million compromised devices.

The “virus” you’re looking for was Avast all along. This is a great opportunity to uninstall all that garbage and let Windows Defender protect you properly.