Music Mods don't work in Non-Latin (Greek) User Folder

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Any / 101.101.51737.0 7126076
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I have downloaded a number of music mods (including the “official” Original Music, Original Music Conquerors Edition, and UFS CD-Rom Music) but none of them work, their music doesn’t play at all in-game.

There used to be a (supposedly fixed) bug where mods weren’t working with non-latin user account folders in Windows 10 (the C:\users\UserName folder). I thought that maybe it’s this old bug causing the problem.

So I renamed my user account (was in Greek) to something with latin characters, and then the mods started working.

However, this process involved Registry Editing and screwed up my Windows account completely, so I had to do a System Restore to just before I renamed my account. Predictably, now that the windows user folder is in Greek again, the music mods once again don’t work.

So I come to you for a solution.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a new user in Windows 10, using Greek characters for the name.
  2. Install AoE2.
  3. Download the Original Music mod.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The music mods should work.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

I don’t have one, sorry.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I don’t have one.