My Age of Empires III Complete collection doesn't work in Windows 10

Hello. I’m a fan who extremely love Age of Empires and Rise of Nations. I bought Age of Empires II and Age of Empires III when I ran windows 8.1. That time It worked well and I upgraded my OS into Windows 10 and updated into Redstone 3. However, When I lanuched Age of Empires III complete Collection. I got the message that Age of Empires III has stopped. I tried to solve the slution by searching this issue on Internet. I followed the guide by Edit the Compability mode and Windows Vista/7 Compability Mode but Not worked. Even I installed Msxml SP2. It didn’t worked as well. Only I can play Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties. I love Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties as well but With Some of my dearest friend, I usually used “Play Age of Empires III complete Collection”. And Personally I like main theme of Age of Empires III original.

This is only happening with the base game and not any of the two expansion packs?

In The Asian Dynasties, you get access to all content of the game, just play that. You are free to play the original European civilizations there as well.

@“man in the middle” said:
This is only happening with the base game and not any of the two expansion packs?

Yes only base game. I tried to solve it by installing msxml. But Not worked but I can play Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties.

Could you specify your problem?
Is this a CD installation, a steam installation? Do you get an Error Message or only “has stopped”? Maybe even a error code? Have you tried to re-install it? Do you have full rights in installtion folders and tmp folders? Have you tried to start it with full admin rights?

@arvenyon said:
Could you specify your problem?
Is this a CD installation, a steam installation? Do you get an Error Message or only “has stopped”? Maybe even a error code? Have you tried to re-install it? Do you have full rights in installtion folders and tmp folders? Have you tried to start it with full admin rights?

Nothing to to do with if it’s CD- or Steam installation of the game. This normally happens when you are logged into Standard user in windows and trying to run the game as administrator. You can start the base game if you start it from age.exe and uncheck run this program as administrator. To my knowledge this only happen with age.exe and not age3y.exe

Running it with administator right from non adminstator user in windows give a high chance for this error.

I also have problems, but mostly because I can not find the way to download the game I had bought some time ago, after the microsoft markeplace closed its doors. Anyway, I was thinking of opening a topic for my problem

@DingierMold01 said:
I also have problems, but mostly because I can not find the way to download the game I had bought some time ago, after the microsoft markeplace closed its doors. Anyway, I was thinking of opening a topic for my problem

Steam…

@DingierMold01 said:

Try downloading Games for Windows LIVE here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/games-for-windows-live-info

Nevermind. I see in another thread you had difficulty using the Games for Windows LIVE client.

Games for Windows LIVE was never officially discontinued, just abandoned.

my email dosent work and i cant login into my ESO account , is there a way i can get a new/extra account

@Oldturtlehawk said:

my email dosent work and i cant login into my ESO account , is there a way i can get a new/extra account

You can buy a new copy or win a new copy by participating in Wololo Wednesday.

wololo wednesdays hasn’t happened since last november

@Oldturtlehawk said:
wololo wednesdays hasn’t happened since last november

Wololo Wednesday has taken place every month since last November. :expressionless:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/categories/wololo-wednesdays

Edit: New Wololo Wednesday contest for June is open now.

Check out the spec requirements. I successfully downloaded a few years back AoE III and all of its expansion packs fully updated, just a few years ago. You just need a right torrent bro with most seeds. Or if you want to play AoE III multiplayer then you need to buy AoE III.

@MSTFA786 ]

don’t encourage piracy.