My balance suggestions (as of 6th September)

In the extreme case you can also nerf the units and give the cumans a compensation bonus. For instance -1 range and the cumans get +1 range as civ bonus. A bracer civ does not change… but you fix some issues like with the turks…

1 Like

While i agree those are also possible workout arounds the point i was trying to make is you need to balance around civs that give them very good bonuses,as well as lack lustre civs. So either you make it almost useless for a civ that doesn’t have much going for it because it’s balanced for the ones that would over power it. Or you make it over powered imo.

I think that’s why the devs made it free. So that civs like aztecs can still benefit from it (who doesn’t want a free unit) but magyar possibly don’t become even stronger in the late game.

Perhaps make it 15-20 kipchaks with a slightly more expensive research cost

1 Like

Also just remembered weren’t people pushing to get the elite kipchak buffed as well? Because it drops off in power in imperial (partly thanks to lack of bracer)

Or others were pushing for bracer for cumans so their CA become viable, which would lead to changes to the kipchak anyway to keep it in line
. (just more evidence of why it shouldn’t be a universally trainable unit due to power creep if bracer would break it how much would 2/2 break it)

I think this is a good middle ground

1 Like

Cuman Mercenaries now enables creation of Kipchak/Elite Kipchak for your allies (in Castle/Imperial Age) instead of providing them with free 10 units. The Cuman player still enjoys 10 free Elite Kipchaks. Allied Kipchak require 30 seconds to train instead of 20 seconds.

Really bad idea. Imagine 8 range magyar Kipchak (with 0 frame delay) and 85HP 7 range Turks Kipchaks permenantly train in their castle. This suggestion must not be implemented for balance reason.
Kipchak is not that powerful in imperial age because of their penalty of No bracer (Only 6 range). FU kipchak with other UT or bonus (Magyar, Turks, even Tatars or Mongols) could be beast.

2 Likes

Or others were pushing for bracer for cumans so their CA become viable, which would lead to changes to the kipchak anyway to keep it in line
. (just more evidence of why it shouldn’t be a universally trainable unit due to power creep if bracer would break it how much would 2/2 break it)

You also have to consider that Bracer does not affect Cav archer and Kipchak only
It also buff to their Elite Skirms and their defense buildings.
Really against significant buffs for Cumans. They are already Top-tier Civ in Team game and 1v1 Arena, where they can easily boom without punishment for their 2TC in Feudal.

Steppe Lancers would be weaker in Castle Age but definitely much more powerful in imperial age. Ease of massing is far more powerful than stat buff. Its effectiveness goes up dramatically with quantity.

Besides, I think Steppe Lancers may be available for more civs in future. Maybe it’s better to buff its stats a bit and remain its cost. Stat buff won’t make it suck and easier to manipulate the effect.

Just realized something: this implies that if there are several Lith players on the team, all of them would receive the relic damage bonus without much effort, which would be ridiculous.

2 Likes

Cuman Mercenaries: Cost 500F500G instead of current 650F400G. Change the effect into that the allies’ and the player’s oldest existing TC would pop out 15 Elite Kipchaks immediately once this tech is hit. These Elite Kipchaks would occupy no population. (The allies should not worry about building a castle and the population.)

I had stated my idea about Cuman Mercenaries in the another thread before.

1 Like

If one Lithuanian player isn’t overpowered then why would two be stronger? Having two identical civs usually means that they are easier to counter.

1 Like

It would almost feel like the bonus is multiplied for each player. If a team of 4 Lith players snatched 4 relics it would be just like current balance but as if they were able to take 12(!!!) relics. This is a situation that would be almost always impossible right now since there aren’t enough relics on most maps, but even if you’re on a map with more relics it would be way harder to get 12 than 4 obviously.

It’s the same as picking 4 Indians. You get four civs with access to Imperial Camel, thus having 4 times as much of the same bonus.

1 Like

And each player has to research imp camel 4 times, individually. Now imagine if they made it so that when one Indian player got the tech every other Indian on his team would get the tech too. Wouldn’t it be kind of problematic? And also there are enough ressources on the map to get the tech 4 times and more, and unless it’s a gimmick map there aren’t enough relics to have the equivalent of 16 relics. Even if there are only 2 Lith players there wouldn’t be 8 relics for the both of them.

1 Like

There is of course some sinergy to it, but the downside is that you have two identical civs, which are easier to counter than 2 different civs. 2 Lithuanian players might be viable (but then again, that’s two pockets without camels), but 4 is very likely to die to halb+camel+arbalest combo.

1 Like