My Crazy Cuman Buff Idea

This is a not a good idea; they would literally shred everything. There is no Feudal Age counter to that, period.

3 Likes

No feudal age counter?
Skirms only take 3 damage from them
Skirms deal 5 damage to them
Skirms have same range
Skirms train faster
Skirms are cheaper and donā€™t hinder going up to castle age
Skirms have faster RoF
Skirms have shorter frame delay
Only thing Skirms are worse in are mobility and accuracy

Skirms have a much slower RoF and less HP. The CA have the equivalent damage of Castle Age Xbow in Feudal, and have mobility. Skirms cost food, CA donā€™t. You have enough HP to easily tank skirm shots. Ironically they actually have equal range in Feudal, not 1 less like they do in Castle Age, making them even stronger.

2 Likes

CA cost gold, Skirms donā€™t

Checked them out in scenario editor and yeah, they do. I always thought their ROF mean they fired faster, not slower, XD

Not when they have 25% more units than you

CA costs almost double what archers cost, which means the enemy can get 3 skirms out in that time. He can always outmass you(which negates the CA extra hp and faster ROF) and he will most likely get to feudal age first if you are committed to CA aggresion

I would give light cav archers to some other civs like mongols, tatars and magyars. And be hidden behind a ugrade mostly costing time in feudal because of their mobility + range paring and no fast counter available.

But not for cumans. Cumans should get their additional tc balanced and more and/or easier to access siege options. Thatā€™s what they are designed around.