My custom tech cost affect normal singleplayer and multiplayer scenarios! causing crashes! HELP!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0.6148570
  • **GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

GAME skirmish or multiplayer match(not tried ranked)

I’m creating a scenario mod in which I use standard technology for triggering my triggers with the condition"researching tech".
I made the cost of these technologies different, for example hand cart in my scenario costs’ 5 wood, 5 stone and 10 food.
Nothing strange in this but… why the custom cost is shown outside of my scenario? in skirmish single game and even in multiplayer skirmish with friends??

I had to repair game in order to play properly since my hand cart tech costs different from enemies and the game crash.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

100%

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. create a trigger
  2. insert technology cost effect
  3. create another trigger
  4. insert inside trigger 2 CONDITION: RESEARCHING TECH
  5. effect replace an object in the map with something else
  6. set the new object (structure) to gaia to interrupt researching)

that’s the basic thing that my scenario does with tech.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

i’m supposed to not see my custom tech cost in normal scenarios!

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

since I’m new i can’t upload attachments.

3 Likes

I do not need hearts but responses XD

since you mention “scenario” you can play with your friends with the same scenario and same editing that comes with it.

I dont mod scenarios but it can be played multiplayer, and anything you changed in the scenario will affect all other players playing the same scenario. same with data file, rank won’t ever allow you to use data mod or scenario so there should be no problem.

the crash you are experience likely something else, or something from scenario causing it?

I’m sorry but maybe there’s a misunderstanding.

I cannot play any type of scenario with my friend or any type of singleplayer scenario.

My mod changes affects the gameplay even if i DON’T load MY scenario.

i notice that if i leave editor, then close the game, the bug doesn’t subsist.

only scenarios or every single game (like arabia 1v1 with ai, official dataset)?

Yeah, game cant crash when game is closed :smiley:

I tried random scenario like MegaRandom, with official dataset, yes.

the tech cost after re-open, not the crash. :rofl:

1 Like

even if I create a game with this custom scenario and then I create a normal skirmish game, the tech cost bug still present, so does not need to be opened in the editor to bug, just launching the mod, have I burn my time trying to create a mod that is bugged somewhat?

Sorry man, I cannot help you on that, since I have had 0 contact with modding… but in this forum there is a section speceficially for modding, maybe someone there can help you out. Good luck mate