My disappointment in the pathfinding issue not being fixed yet

I just wanted to post this here. I am very disappointed because of mainly one thing. One issue that has been here since the beginning which should have been fixed ages ago. I am talking about that horrendous issue where units stop just because the another unit is coming up behind them, even if the units stopping is a faster unit that just passed the other unit.
This is because of that stupid mechanic where units are stepping aside for other units that pathfind through that spot where they are.
I would really prefer that this mechanic was gone completely over the way it is now where I suddenly have units spread across the path to the enemy base, which might result in me losing an important fight.
I expected this issue would have been fixed months ago, but apparently not.

4 Likes

Is this the reason my vills keep freezing, for example when they’re being chased by the boar?

It got improved over each update
Maybe not fully fixed, but mainly improved

1 Like

Ah, I might have had this when testing arambai vs eagles in the scenario editor. It was like the eagles were covered in glue - I was trying to hit and run with the arambai but they just became stuck to the eagles, and wouldn’t move when I clicked them away. Is that the sort of thing you’re talking about?

I’ve experiencing this a lot recently. Can’t count the amount of villagers lost to this day because they stop halfway to the tc.

Things get fixed, then a new update or server maintenance screws it all up again. It’d be laughable if it wasn’t so aggravating.

All since the latest Server Maintenance
Lose carried res when clicking on new resource
Vill pathing/dancing is back
Awful cav movement/formation/attacking
STILL have wheelbarrow/HC bug that’s been known about for ages

I have another one:
Yesterday my scout ran under the enemy TC (when I looked to him he already was underneath of it), so I decided to at least kill 1 or 2 sheep of him. So I click Scout, then sheep… But Scout was like “no, I am gonna attack that TC”.
Had the same issue months ago already, and also have seen a report on the issue that units do not always attack the unit they are supposed to… But now the Dev team is probably too busy with AOE3DE, which seems to have a lot of problems on it self (bad steam rating)

Pathfinding cannot just get fixed. It can only improve, and with each update it significantly does.

1 Like

No, that is mainly for some other reason, and it’s occurring way more when hunting an animal than any other task. The villagers tend to bump into each other, and get stuck on each other until they stop. It can be anywhere from one villager being stuck on a villager that ends up still walking while the one villager stops, or several villagers stopping. It is like they all want to walk on the exact same spot.

Oh, and they can also get stuck on other entities too, like animals, or even villagers not trying to walk the same way they are if crossing paths with them.

Yep. Villagers don’t always work that well with other entities. It’s like I said to TougherTrack508.

No, that is mainly for some other reason, and it’s occurring way more when hunting an animal than any other task. The villagers tend to bump into each other, and get stuck on each other until they stop. It can be anywhere from one villager being stuck on a villager that ends up still walking while the one villager stops, or several villagers stopping. It is like they all want to walk on the exact same spot.

Oh, and they can also get stuck on other entities too, like animals, or even villagers not trying to walk the same way they are if crossing paths with them.