My game freezes for over 1 minute when ageing up

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295 0 64211374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When a player ages up (either me or the opponent), my game freezes or lags. This happens not when I click up, but when the new age starts being research. From dark age to Feudal age the game lags for 5-10 seconds. From Feudal age to Castle age the game freezes for over a minute (in my last game, the game lags from minute 00.18.55 to min 00.20.00). Going from castle age to imperial the game also lags 20-30 seconds.
It happens mostly when the first player ages up (whoever that is), and not as much when the second does.
The forum does not allow me to upload a recording because I am a fairly new user. I don’t know if you have access to my games somehow. If so, try scrolling up and down when I age up so you can feel the lag. It is much worse in real life than in the recording. I can’t give any orders so I just have to pull all vills if I am being pressured because there is no way I can micro anything for OVER 1 MINUTE!.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
100%** of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
it happens every time I play for the past month and a half. Including lobby games.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play a ranked game
  2. age up
  3. age up again

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The game should not freeze

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I can’t take a screenshot of the lag unfortunately

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

The website does not allow me to upload a game…