My issues with the game and why I left

I also stopped playing after 1 month but I had different reasons however I agree with the scout thing, I think scout should not be free, also this: " I don’t know how people think in war strategy game that 120+ workers supply and 80 army supply is fun, make the opposite , 80 workers to be enough so you can have 120 army supply."

That’s a design flaw caused by copying a very old game.

Lately they have been focusing so much on what pros think of balance, they also implemented a rework water system from a pro that is not a developer or game designer lol… They focus on eSports instead of making the game FUN!

4 Likes

Scouting is what half of your attention is devoted to for the first few minutes though. People already complain about AoE that the start is slow, how much slower would it feel without a scout to keep track of.

It would also likely be a situation where making a scout right away becomes mandatory anyway in which case why bother removing it? Or if you make scouts unaccessible in dark age then see my first point.

5 Likes

I remember back in the day, HRE was fun to play, you can could totally aggressive with rams and smith landmark but I haven’t seen this anymore, I have when patches change meta like a MOBA instead of doing small balance changes

1 Like

Not sure about that, is that? I mean I played age 2, a lot of AoM and some age lll but I can’t get into age IV, so age of empires saga is not for us? Even if likes previous games ? I don’t think so, What I think is that AOE is not a great game.

Hmm AoE2 though you have even less options to be aggressive early. There’s literally no way to destroy a town center in feudal age (other than Cuman early rams which you never see or some crazy MAA all in which you also never see).

AoE2 is also very similar in regards to scouting. You start with a free one.

AoE2 also requires just as many (and often more) villagers.

The water rework is definitely better than water in AoE2 which almost always just comes down to massing galleys and who manages to make a few more.

Just seems like all those complaints apply as much or more to AoE2, but you like that one?

There are other strengths I think AoE2 has though.

2 Likes

I think exactly same,

I do not want to sound rude, but I see Your points wrong, Problem is not in the game, but that Age of Empires - whole series, not just 4, is not for You.

…and it is okay, You can spend your free time by playing other game

1 Like

It’s funny how many people in this thread think that this series started with AoE 2. Just a reminder, AoE 1 is very different from AoE 2 and it still has far more viewers in a single country than the rest of the world on AoE 2

Nobody forces you to be here if you don’t like AoE4.

3 Likes

friendly aoe4 community. as always.
oh.it’s even better friendly-moderator

2 Likes

If you talk about me, yes, no one forces me but this for sure benefit the developers if they read their forums. I am not toxic, I give opinion and if majority of people left the game and you don’t see problem your are the blind one.
If you don’t want this game to improve and bring more players you are probably campaign player.
Look some statistics, isn’t normal the game to drop that low and the reason for this is maybe that they are so
afraid to make the game unique because they may fail and because of that they try to copy aoe 2.
But aoe 2 is alive and more populated. She will never die because it’s classic.
You see hera and other aoe 2 players went back to aoe 2.
Now you may act like there is no problem and other pro players like the game as it is but guess what, Stormgate is coming next year probably and I can assure you Beasty, Marinelord, Sortof and many other players wont come back to aoe 4, then you wont have even good pro player scene.
The reason Marinelord and Beasty also Sortof are here are because of the money. Huge price pools which I like but they have no chance to win anything big in sc2. They wont win even weekly tournament, not because they are bad but because the players in sc2 are so good. It’s infinity improvement and the reason for this is my topic.
Don’t want to compare games but still if you didn’t play any other RTS games is absolutely normal to defend the game, but I can assure you people like me are giving their opinions because I want to play new, good rts.
Don’t be afraid if someone type stuff you may not like in the forums, be afraid when nobody post anything in the forums.
And yeah, when Stormgate come out you will see how many players and pro players will stay to play the game.

3 Likes

The irony

why havent you left then? You hang around to make everyone else feel bad? Please annoy another community you apparently don’t like

This doesn’t make sense either, the guys are being toxic, and not liking the game, so it makes sense if someone tells them they don’t have to be here. It’s one thing to like the game and then be negative about it, but why hang around if you don’t like it

“Please stay toxic people that don’t like the game”

“This game isn’t for you, but please stay anyway” :rofl:

Tell me this isn’t being toxic

i agree with this though

Hopefully they increase aggressive potential. Potentially up siege damage or something

Just a rough example: mangonels +50 bonus Vs buildings(up from +24)

1 Like

I’m not a pro, and I like the water rework. Has a clear set of design goals that make it easier to improve and enhance going-forwards, too.

Fun me for isn’t fun for you. I respect that. But creating a solid hard(ish) counter system for the naval rework isn’t the same as “focusing on eSports”.

2 Likes

Since the author hasn’t even played the game since a month after it was released making a thread about why you left when you haven’t even tried it after all the updates over the last year seems kinda pointless. I left the game too but I played it off an on much longer then that, last time I played was in June. So I don’t know what has been updated since then.

2 Likes

My comment wasn’t to you, it was to someone else throwing garbage at the game without being constructive.

We are seeing that the game is climbing in quality compared to its launch, I expect more improvements and new tools for the end of this year and the beginning of next year, which will be a decisive time for the game.

I will also try that RTS to see how it goes.

1 Like

It was so obvious that Adri was responding to the last comment

1 Like

to be fair he (you) has a point but yeah i guess the last words offended someone

I know that being constructive is the best way because non toxicity but cmon ppl already waited like more of a half year to get the patches that the game needed. I mean at this point being like that one is legit in this type of reports. I already give up but understand others that are still waiting for a real improvement.

1 Like

So it isn’t ignorance then…

2 Likes

I can feel that stomgate is doing better job on coding and marketing their game as far we know in the game trailer. So yeah I support that