My list of possible balance ideas for future

Quantity yes Quality well yes but actually no since i think there is a way to adress both facts that quantity and quality stays but the “for some people” absurd 40% can be adressed for a nerf

1 Like

I wouldn’t even think about nerfing that bonud for franks. They were awful before that ut

I think it was increased to match the sizable effect over the old couriers. Compared to silk armor and tower shields, it’s pretty justified.

This 12 Hp are one reason that sets them above other Paladins but imagine just theorethicly they dont have the hp but like 60% still set them above for example and i dont know if you can take it in consideration but people think farimba chav can be set equaly to normal Pals

They have had that 12 hp advantage since aoc and were a terrible civ until forgotten changes

Ok and what if they change the bearded axe one to a UT that more compliment the other aspects of franks

I didn’t say +12 hp was the only bonus franks had, I said its the only stat bonus (the only direct or raw stat bonus).

1 Like

realistically 40% working speed is very noticeable, especially it shortened tech time as well.
You are likely to have >10% more units of Paladin on the field compared to your opponents.

Some people would even pick Huns for the 20% ONLY team bonus. And with stacking, the working speed of Franks stable can increase as much as 70% which is quite sick.

1 Like

Yeah I realise that the training speed is a very useful bonus. I’m just saying its a different type of effect. In the post above I only addressed what happens when u are playing vs stronger units.

But of course the hun/frank creation bonus, as well as the goth infantry bonus, or cumans steppe husbandry, is a really useful bonus. Allows to overwhelm your enemy, have more numbers on the field etc… even if in goths case you have weaker units, you have incredibly fast creation to make up for it.

1 Like

That’s strange, never noticed, then probably I never trained CKN to garrison them.
However you are right, if this is a bug it should be fixed, but you should make a post in right forum section.

Yeah? I remembered that it was at 35% top, then it could be even at 75%, so that it miss 1 shot every 4.

They should also get some kind of other military bonus other than the GC TT buff. In other topics we discussed various bonuses like:

• +1PA for foot archers stackable with pavise.
  • free archers armor tech (and maybe even free infantry armor techs)
  • 40% faster TT for all foot archers (resolving the GC problem with one bonus), it could also be 25/30/40%.

The cost is fine in my opinion, but I agree on the researching time, it should be an almost instant tech.
An that the only change I would made to the UT.

No, the whole point should be that castle are attacked by BBC, rams and trebs, onagers and scorps should be for units.
Being able to attack castle with SO is a huge advantage, in means that you can pressure the opponent without needing trebs.

Also less minimum range isn’t that bad, is especially useful for a celt or mongol ally.

Well, mamelukes are one of the most gold heavy units, only behind BBC and trebs if I’m not not mistaken. So maybe -15g is too much, but 75g seems reasonable to me.

Nah Teutons are ■■■■ against Archer and Cavalry Archer civs in general and Camels still destroy them + No Husbandry

1 Like

It wouldn’t happen in 99.9% of games, what’s the advantage of using SO against castles? Why wouldn’t you use trebs instead? Trebs have much higher damage output against buildings. I’m sure there’s a balance reason to it but outranging bracer castles isn’t even a real reason.
Besides, Teuton castles invalidate BBC, Briton archers and trebs literally invalidate enemy treb and BBC pushes, I’m sure we can forgive Koreans for theoretically destroying castles of the 6 out of 35 civs with SOs

6 Likes

+12 HP still takes +1 hit from halbs like Teutons, without mentioning that Frankish Paladin creates faster and have husbandry unlike Teutons.
And to be honest we are in 2020 to still overrating the Frankish one, it seems like people is just angry because they lost their status to the Teutons and Lithuanians, and as I say is like ranting that Choson Legions aren’t the strongest because of Roman Legions introduced in RoR of AOE1.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t use trebs, but that you can do without them, may you can pressure before your first treb is out, or maybe you can keep pressuring even after the enemy destroyed you castle, or winned a treb war, maybe you trebs are simply elsewhere on the map, or you can simply more safely dive in and destroy the enemy trebs under a castle.

The point is that SO can perform fantastic and safely vs both units and buildings, they are too versitile.

For example what can slavs do vs koreans SO that lack both bracer and BBC, I know that this is a borderline example, but still…

Yes we could forgive them, but it’s the opposite thing to a teutons castle, since any civ have trebs to out-range them, but some civs would really struggle to deal with koreans SO.

In literally which scenario do you get your treb after you research and train onager/siege onager, research imp UT and siege engineers? Treb wars are an early imp thing. All these techs are expensive and take a lot of time to research. If you actually tick all these boxes, then you should be easily in position to take down castles with trebs and BBC

1 Like

I am against this, as it would completely nullify the need for Castles, and cheap Castles is already the Franks niche.
Kreposts are there so you can cover your Town, and spam Konniks, Bulgarians should always be forced to get at least 1 Castle.

I do not think Chivalry is OP, so I do not see why it should get nerfed. Considering Franks have terrible Archery Range and Siege Workshop, and do not even get Hussars, they need their Knight Spam.

Khmer are not OP, or have an inflated winrate.

Makes no sense, the point of the Feitoria is that it gives a permanent trickle while crippling your pop space. It is supposed to hurt, for long term gain.

Saracens are already very strong, and Mamelukes need all that Gold cost so they do not become OP like in AoK.

5 Likes

I kinda agree with your answers, but Zealotry is ridiculously overpriced compared to other Unique Technologies like El Dorado, Farimba etc…

Yes, Feitorias should be buffed in an other way. Probably less pop space.

These units need buffs, agree

Castle Age Arambais have to be nerfed, but Elite Arambais are underwhelming. I suggest that non-Elite Arambai’s range reduced to 4 and pierce armor to 0, to compensate this they would have

• Battle Elephants recieve +1 pierce armor in the Castle Age
  • Second archer armor added
6 Likes

I do not actually think they need to be buffed. Feitorias are one of those things that are either underwhelming or overpowered, and frankly, I would rather they remain underwhelming.

It is still a good investment for very long games, when Gold runs out, so I think it is OK enough.

Maybe, but Saracens also get Siege Archers since Feudal, and even their Cav Archers are decent against buildings, while they also have have almost FU Trash (only missing Halberdier).

Pair all that with free Super Guilds on Feudal and a a 75 Wood Market, and I honestly see why their UTs should be expensive. Saracens just have a lot of options and the economy to explore them.

HC stat buff is quite controversial. I would prefer that HC should cost wood instead of food to support melee unit. HC to be affected by Ballistics. (bullets is a kind of missiles, right?) Perhaps Organ guns, Conquistador and Janissary should be affected Ballistics?

To compensate Portuguese, Arquebus improve projectile speed of HC to 7 same as arbalest. (Bullets should fly faster than arrows in general?) Arquebus should also further improve HC accuracy up to 90%.

Thats almost only what Franks are good at.

I don’t think Incas should be prioritized for a buff though its team bonus is meh.

I agree to decrease the upgrade cost of Elite Genoese xbowmen as well as the training time. GC is a counter unit. It should be produced quickly to react with opponent’s cavalry. (18s,16s) GC needs the most urgent fix.

I have also brought up some ideas for Italians and Portuguese in other post. Someone like it and someone doesnt like it.
Italians: Free Guilds from feudal age.
Portuguese: Remove the stone cost of outpost.
These are for buffing their early games a bit.

Still a 100-200 food discount wouldn’t push them over edge. They’ve just became a archer rush civ especially after DE instead of a versatile one with camel focus

6 Likes