My plenty of ideas for trying to correct 3 Asian civs

Something I wanted to explain further, but I can’t edit anymore so I’m replying.

The Miyadaiku can also be called “Shrine Carpentry” so that all 5 options are named after English words. Obviously this option is used to replace the effect of the current Toshogu Shrine.

Kibatai literally means cavalry troop. Although that is a more familiar term, it can also be named Kibamusha (騎馬武者) for using a singular noun. Either one is better than simply naming units with weapons.

“Ashigaru” is a broad term for low-level infantry so it is a waste to be used exclusively for musketeers.
Teppo Ashigaru will have no bayonet in appearance, and have lower cost and anti-cavalry melee damage multiplier than the current Ashigaru Musketeer. It will also change to use the same swords as Yumi Ashigaru in melee combat, leaving the yari spears to Yari Ashigaru.

To explain a little more clearly.

• Ronin: a mercenary unit with the skin of current Wokou Ronin. Cost lower and be weaker than current Ronin.
  • Hatamoto: just a Consulate unit with the skin of current Ronin. Only trainable at Consulate.
  • Samurai: still a regular unit, +10% HP and attack than the current one but trainable at Castle instead of Barrack.

I suppose to remove the Wokou Ronin, which I explained the reason detailly in this thread, but someone suggested to keep it, to give it a new module and to rename it Kabukimono. So the Kabukimono here could be renamed to Monogashira (物頭), the title of the samurais who are the captain and commander of ashigaru troops, also known as Ashigaru Taisho (足軽大将) or Ashigarugashira (足軽頭).

My idea for the Isolationism of Asian civilizations is that I hope it can provide some unique units, rather than special versions of common units. So there won’t be the common version of these Consulate units. If they can be obtained from other ways rather than Consulate, they will still be Consulate units.

In addition, the isolationism of the Qing Dynasty since the Qianlong era was one of the main reasons for China’s disastrous defeat to the Western powers in the 19th century, so isolationism is very meaningful to the Chinese Consulate. Compared with the British, French and Russians, the Germans came to China quite late, and their influence is even less than that of the United States.

Obviously this tech is used to replace the effect of the current Confucian Academy. The player could choose Minister of Personnel to advance the age and make the price of this tech quite cheaper. The Consulate should be protect carefully since it would constantly spawn Flying Crow no matter it is Isolationism or not. However the train time would be longer than at the original wonder since Consulate can be rebuild. If it looks weird to create FC at the Consulate, it could be changed to constantly spawn FC at the military shipment drop point instead of Consulate, and to make the train time more longer.

For now, I would like to rename it to Rocketeer to have lower the description of its background.
On the other hand, a new mercenary called Mysorean Rocketeer could be introduced like a powerful version of the regular Rocketeer.

In order for each Asian civilization to have the same number of options at Consulate, if Indians can get Dutch allies, Japanese and Chinese can also get United States as their fifth option. Of course, once the fourth ally is chosen, the remaining unchosen option will no longer be available, i.e. the player can only switch back and forth from the 4 options that have already been chosen.

To explain a little more clearly. The Abbots and Disciples could be tasted with doing “Sādhanā” at Monastery to improve the XP trickle of Monastery, which looks like they are meditate or practice boxing around Monastery.

To avoid people interested in this term being misled when googling.
This one. Not the Spanish food.

Correction. +30% attack.
In my ideas, I’ve used quite a few more culturally in-depth terms, hoping to get people to Google or ask questions to learn more.

5 Likes