My proposed balancing for September/October patch

That sound very strong but it is actually pretty good for Koreans. The other solution I like is free archer armor (as I said for Italians), which may mork as well.

1 Like

Compared with Slav’s 15% wood&gold discount, and Port’s 20% gold discount, why would a 20% siege wood discount be too strong? The extra +1 range in post-imp?

3 Likes

Perhaps Koreans has a stronger siege than Slavs? Devs hence dont want to give wood discount to siege.

I think that was cause of balancing early time when tower used to be stronger and the tower bonus of Koreans are insane but not anymore.

1 Like

it is difficult to say:

• slavs have betters rams
  • koreans have better SO
  • slavs have better scorpion
  • koreans have BBCs

I would not say that the difference is so relevant.

But I can say the same I have said for Italians/Portuguese. The help is needed more in the early stages than in castle imo…

Its very rare for a unit with a discount to receive additional bonuses. And generally they even miss crucial tech(afaik only broken mayans have a UT for discounted arbs)

Korea will have cheaper FU SOs with a civ bonus and a UT.

Also slavs bonus doesn’t apply to other units including their navy.

Porto literally has no other land bonus. And misses SR, SO and HS.

But yeah maybe Korea is weak enough that such a buff wont break the game… But with 3monthly updates. It means a long time for a fix if it does break the game…

Besides discount of siege, I think Korean strong siege is also partially a reason for their below average infantry (halb+SO combo too strong), though I think it’s OK to grant Koreans access to blast furnace.

1 Like

Persians:

• Elite upgrade 1600f, 1200g to 1200f, 900g
  • reduce Training time 31 sec to 27 sec

No… They are really deadly in late Team game.
You cannot see this unit at 1v1, of course, but Make usable that 600HP unit is really tough to balance.

Saracens:

-10g to 55f, 75g

Also does not agree with Mameluke Buff. Saracens are overall good civ with Market bonus and wide variety of late game options. Mameluk is situationally good unit but they are overall OK, and it counter most commonly seen powerful unit in the game. Paladin. Mameluk is not definitely Top UU. But they are at least above average.
Civs with very verstaile and good UU has their penalty in their tech tree. Mongols lack last armor upgrade on both Archer and Cavarly. Burmese does not access to second armor upgrade of Archers. Spanish does not access to Crossbow.

Berber:

Start with +100 Stones

You think Berbers deserve buff? They have above 50% winrate. They are not commonly seen in the progame because they basically does not have bonus in Dark and Feudal age. But their Castle age and Early Imperial Age is really strong. Other civs have weak castle age (or Cav Archer civ such as Mongols, and Tatars) does not have chance to win Berbers in Feudal age? No please.
Also I dont think Starting Extra stone fit the image of berbers, They are not intended to defensive civ. I also think that Tower rush civ is enough for Incas and Koreans.

Magyars:

Mill, Lumber camp, Mining camp give +5 population space

September patch change map generation more open, it is indirect buff to their scout rush. they are completely fine with that I guess. They also does not have early game bonus make them hard to see in the progame. But we cannot completely balance Every civ in Every Age. Their weak early game with depend on scout maybe tradeoff for their really powerful lategame.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there is no balancing for this month, so hope we will see something for next month.

I have another suggestion

• dismounted Elite Konnik +10 HP and benefit from Stirrups

Elite Konniks are good but not that great it deserve in the late game

Well, not sure if Bulgarians need a buff in the later stages.

I think they should get a small help in feudal, if any…

Stirrups is for mounted guys man…

4 Likes