Naval Combat

I would like to see more efficient naval combat where you can attack to bases with more naval friendly map designs. So we can have more strategic options and more fun. I would love to know how naval combat changed or is it changed or not.

2 Likes

I usually am kind of sceptic of heavy water maps. If you can win the game with only water control, the map just becomes a race to water control and once that is decided, gg gets called. either there needs to be a way to safely boom on land or at least have good possibilities to send a sneaky landing party over to the enemy even when water control is lost.

2 Likes

I mean water control should not be just for meat. Ships can bombard base but with a limited range so when other player moves it’s town center and buildings a bit far from sea, it won’t be able to fire. Maybe on late ages, ships can have an upgrade for more range to dominate or specific ranged units.

2 Likes

To ‘bridge’ the concept of water maps, there would probably be need of ‘beach’ gameplay, outer-sea gameplay and fieldland gameplay. However, since land and water are seperate, how woukd either be able to interact with the other?

Like:
Beach beats Land.
Land beats Water
Water beats Beach.
maybe.

2 Likes