Nearly outdated stuff that could be useful. (Potential improvements)

Shield battery hospitals with doctor overcharge…? It sounds hilarious, but might actually be worth a try.

eliminated them , is simple.

Delete what?
What are you talking about?

He is talking about indian cards:
Grazing and call to militia.

I did not pay attention to what he answered. I thought she responded regarding field hospitals. :sweat_smile:

From this point of view we would have to eliminate 30% of the elements of the game. (I’m exaggerating)

That is why this forum exists.

The idea is that it has a bar that wears out when healing units that consume resources when used.
This bar would reload faster if there are surgeons inside, but to use it requires food resources and coins.

Or you could activate some type of ability in which you heal a certain percentage faster than usual, but that will spend resources and heal anywhere on the map if the units are at rest, or heal them quickly if they are close.

The general idea is that the ability to heal may be more effective, but it is not free.

I had suggested this because some people complained that it was unfeasible in the treaty mode to create natives, but since its value was slightly adjusted and also gives you 1000 of infinite influence. Do you think it is fine like this, or is it still not viable?

The explorer improvements.

I find that the explorer upgrades are too costly to simply increase the explorer’s hard points and I find them to be of very little use. That is i why propose that in addition to your current benefits, you grant the following benefits:

Captura de pantalla (335)
Title of gentleman: In addition to its current benefits, the explorer loses all negative multipliers, and the ‘grand shooter’ attack can also be used against normal units.

Captura de pantalla (337)
Nobility: In addition to your current benefits, you can build native embassies. And you can build urban centers and trading posts faster. You can also receive shipments and increases your visual field.

The Mercenary Contractor:

Sometimes it is a waste because the mercenaries that in principle qualify, many times they are already by default, and if you are going to take this option you are forced to build a tavern to know that you will not waste the politician. I propose that in case the Mameluke onesies and corsairs are already available (In the case of the Ottomans for example), they give you access to another 2 mersenarios who have some kind of historical argument.

The mercenary contractor of the imperial era, in addition to the benefits it currently grants, increases the tavern limit by 1.0 and makes them create a little faster.

The inventor

Is it used a lot or is it little used?
What do you suggest to make this politician more useful?
Maybe you could grant a researchable technology in the church, capitol or armory apart from the air balloon?

Konahrik1140 On second thought, I think the pillars should just have a little more field of view. Giving them the attack capacity and the garrison capacity would make it very easy to protect the villagers and the detachments would lose importance. That is why I propose that they can be built only in the corners or when creating a door.

4 Likes

I don’t play treaty, but I think that the Advanced Hot Air Ballon can be used there in long treaty games. It doesn’t have sense in classical skirmishs

New ability for ‘stealth’ and/or ‘view stealth’ units.

Captura de pantalla (377)

This skill is rarely used because it does not have many practical applications. So I propose that these types of units can see the technologies that you are investigating, the units that you are creating and the destiny of the metropolis. It would also be good if you could see the shipments that are in progress from the metropolis in case you are near the destination of the metropolis.

The unit must have both abilities (‘stealth’ + ‘view stealth’) to be able to perform this level of espionage.

Hot air balloons could be the exception and so could Dutch emissaries. That is, they do not need to be stealthy to have this intelligence ability.
image image

Above I proposed a more practical way to implement the ‘spy’ and ‘metropolis blockade’ upgrade.
Captura de pantalla (316)

I propose the same for the spy upgrade, but this time for a single player at a time as I proposed with blocking, not spy on all opponents at the same time, as it would be very expensive.

For hot air balloons you do not need two politicians (one that provides a temporary balloon, and the other indefinite ‘advanced balloon’). Just in case the player opts for the hot air balloon at age 1, enable an upgrade on the church for age IV that will make the balloon last longer, and the explorer skill recharges faster.

3 Likes
  • I still advocate for a politician that replaces the Inventor: The Translator/The Embassador/The Emissary.
    A native woman that would give a trading post travois (usable only on native settlements) which would award 200xp when built.
    So it would be a unique politician to promote minor Natives on top of giving an unique resource: XP.

• The Naturalist should be set as the “Food Politician”: 500 food + 2 sheep’s (600food)

• The Philosopher Prince should be the set up politician: 2 settlers + something I have no idea of.

3 Likes

For those that have played Galactic Battlefronts, would be nice to have something similar to the pens there that produce x food per animal garrison inside, something like would be nice, to be honest I rarelly use pens in Aoe3, but if you could get a trickle would be nice and being able to togle between food and gold would be nice.

Also I believe that all herdables should be able to have the same interactions as africans do, sell them for gold/wood.

I was wondering the same, many civs get cavalry archer as an Age III - IV unit, when in time period most nations would have abandon such practice or change for gunpowder, Japanese has the same issue being a unit that is way to strong…

Note: Samurais before bushido used mainly bow and spear, and since Mongol “invasion” of Japan, they addopted many of their tactics, one being horse archers…

Way too good for my liking in many cases, also while we have civs with horse archers at age 3, we have USA with gunpowder since Age 2 thats funny and annoying.

Yep, many improvements are not so usefull, the ones I find the worst are the ones that send “unique” units that you cant hire anymore.

They could maybe give a trickle of expirience for cards? or to be assign to x building to increase such trickles, ex assign them to trading post to give +10% extra of the selected resource or something like.

1 Like

My personal problem with European civs is that they are way to “General”, way too equal. Would be nice if each civ had their own Age ups, as Asians and Africans.

For example:

Spanish:
Native Woman: Gives x food, allows to hire native villagers and llamas, native envacy (or however it is named) allows to choose a minor civ to ally and use their units and technologies.
(As inca card)

Inqusitor Gives 2 Misionaries and 2 Conquistodores, allows to hire them and unlock jesuit unique technologies.

Explorer (Columbus, shared with Portoguese): Increase explorer sight range and movement speed, unlocks the use of telescope (or whatever is called).

Inventor (shared with other europeans) Allows the construction of factories (2 max, expandable with cards).

Hernan Cortes (Functions as Mercenary) Decrease mercenary population cost, and expands max native units that can be hired, can choose a native civ to ally and user their units and technologies.

Something like that, here im just making something quick and only taking figures around Spanish conquest of America, but could be expanded way futher too 1800s figures, we could have artist too.

Also many civs (mostly) europeans could have another type or resource, for example again: Spanish and Aztecs could work with faith.

2 Likes

But they are meant to be like this…

They were meant to be like that back in 2005, now we have so much possibilities.

Not that I am saying that rework everything, just a brainstorm if you will to what could be.

Complete reworks are not realistic. But many underused elements of the old civs can be made more viable without altering the overall playstyle, just for fun’s sake.

Perhaps with native populations. Garrison in the TP and generate experience.
Above I also proposed that they have the ability to receive shipments from the metropolis after the industrial age.

It could grant some technology or some bonus.

What is promised is debt. I hope you like it.

I made some changes from the original proposal. Now one villager for every 10 cows, and one villager for every 15 sheep.

I made this proposal so that it is not too automatic, but it would be somewhat tedious because 7 villagers would be needed. So only 4 workers would be needed with this newly proposed change.

The pens would have to be redesigned so that the animation of milking or shearing looks good. FE has good artists and they will surely do better than what I proposed (if they do, of course). But I would love it.

For those who say that this would be something OP, I would say that this is similar to a sea strategy. It would not be an opening strategy and you will depend on cards to make it biable. For instance:

Captura de pantalla (393)

The card of 7 infinite sheep + a corral would be reduced accordingly and the corrals would be more expensive in wood.

The ‘ranching’ card would make cattle cheaper and extend the limit. We could create cows by default, but the default limit would not be 20, it would be 10 and its price would not be 80 for food, it would be higher. For sheep the limit would be 20. Then this card could increase the limit of cows and sheep to +10.

The card currently enables cows in the corral, but it is better that they are accessible from the beginning with a maximum of 10 and a price higher than that of the sheep.

This way the player can use cattle later even if he does not have cattle decks. Such as someone who does fishing without having opted for an economic strategy of the sea, it would not have the same benefits as if you used the cards.

1 Like

For civilizations that do not have access to the arsenal, in case of allying with minor facsions it would be good that in those places exclusively for facsions without arsenal, there are 3 improvements available:

In case of being gunpowder cavalry, add the upgrade ‘cavalry snail’
In case they are skirmishers add ‘anti-infantry rifles’
In case they are musketeers add ‘socket bayonet’

This would make native allies more useful for civilizations that lack these technologies. For example, when the Aztecs take the alliance with the Jesuits and cannot improve the reach of the conquerors because they do not have arsenal. This would be more useful to the natives for civilizations without gunpowder and at the same time it would give more balance in the game and usefulness to the natives.

Another example would be an alliance of Aztecs with the Cree where they have access of anti-infantry rifles:

This will greatly improve the natives for civilizations without access to the arsenal. It would even seem fair to me that the upgrades ‘flintlock rifle’ and ‘paper cartridges’ were also available in these native villages. (If the ally is a skirmisher or musketeer, of course)

3 Likes

The issue with no europeans is that have specialized cards as combat of yumi archers, knight combat… instead cav combat or range infantry attack…

1 Like