Need greece civ

In addition, it is not known what the Greek civ could be characterized by.

What would be really epic (Greek fire) already have the Maltese civ as HC card.
The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is references to the power of the ancient Greeks, but that would not be a bit serious.
I don’t know, I just don’t have any idea for this Greek civ. Maybe someone would have a really good idea for this?

However, a Pericles and Leonidas skin for Greek Hero would be something really cool!

Greece’s independence predates Italy’s unification, in case you guys care.

1 Like

sure but:

1. its italians, not italy

2. the faction clearly mostly based itself ot the early part of game where we had city states, the HC is venice, we got references to the papal state etc.

also while true that greece might be independent before the italian unification italy almost achieved great power status right from the get go, greece never even became a middle power.

1 Like

Greece & Mexico became independent around the same time tho.

5 Likes

Babylonia is an ancient civ, Babylonia should be in the game!!

Mexico and US shouldnt have been added. Even then Mexico on the international stage had more going then Greece. There are like no events during AoE III timeline that had much foreign impact besides gaining their independence itself.

And for that they can be a revolution not a civ.

5 Likes

It would be hard to even create the concept of civ Greeks. But you can make the Greek revolution option really interesting and one of the most interesting in the game.

You can even add references to the Byzantine Empire in this Greek Revolution. HC cards with ancient Greek references would also be nice (e.g. the name of the HC card).

They’re not adding ancient romans to AoE2, they’re porting AoE1 to the AoE2 game engine. They’ve said this clearly ffs.

1 Like

There are some threads in which people want to add Romans to Age 2. My guess is that Mutylator is refering to that hypothetical situation

2 Likes

Additionally, there are quite likely rumors that the Return of Rome DLC will bring Romans civ to AoE 2 - to the standard game.

1 Like

There are already romans in aoe2, they are called the byzantines.

Also, in the promo picture there are other ancient figures, so it’s highly unlikely that we’ll see republican romans or ancient egyptians in aoe2.

2 Likes

Because of a supposedly leaked castle pic. It could be an unique Byzantine or Italian castle, though, maybe.

200% agree. I have gathered that not everyone in the community agrees with this

2 Likes