Nerf caroleans? A little too absurd?

incas have kinda bad units.
cetan archers are stronger then bowman (1,5 rof vs 3 - cetan more hp/dps!)
axerider are way stronger then chimus (let 2 chimus fight 1 axerider - axerider is cheaper!)
clubman are cheaper then inca plummed spearman, if you invest same amount clubmen win.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be, unless the hussar are being snared by another unit. I think grenadier are the same speed as muskets.

Generally with cavalry you want to split up and flank, if you run straight at someone they can just kite back and attack you.

Explain again, why do they need 20 melee damage to stop melee units like rodeleros who only have 11 attack? Melee infantry arent even good to begin with. Caroleans are the same price as rodeleros, have double the melee attack, have a strong ranged attack and arent even that much slower. Rodeleros are one of the least sucky melee infantry, the others are just straight up bad.

Why mess with multipliers against skirmishers if you can just lower their melee damage to sane levels?
Caroleans are a musketeer unit, musketeers are supposed to stop cavalry. They dont need to fight melee infantry in close range because you can just shoot them.

2 Likes

When the devs don’t know unit stats.

If not nerf speed melee, Iam agree with u, *0,5 vs LI is necessary.

Becoz rods have 40 mele resistance and caroleans doesn’t have mele resistance late game , so with lower mele attack rods will own caroleans Late game .

Secondly , explain how caroleans have strong range attack , their range attack is weak compare to other musks .

And musk are suppose to stop cav but also suppose to stop mele infantry too . What do u think is mele shield ???

Civ with musk don’t have habs , except France . Musk are suppose to stop make mele shield . Same with hand for civs who don’t have musks

Japan has always been this way they are a quite slow booming civ, they have problems massing units in the 2nd era and their units cost more so they cannot lose too many fights, they lack 25 vills wich makes their late game boom weaker but of course they are among the strongest civs, you just have to exploit their weakness (siege houses), boom better than they, use better cannons than flame thrower, kill Daimyo asap

they wont because rods die to range fire before they even reach target in late game.

1 Like

Did u see stat ?? Caroleans have 31-40 range attack at max ,while other musks have 55-70 , their range attavknis weak , so rods will reach them

Yep, I really hate this civ in Treaty. 1 Unit Roaster

Yeah please , nerf this ridicolous unit , caroleans are the new imperial gendarmes . And nerf their madness economy a bit more. Thank you , remove fusilier from 2 age too , what is this madness , unit whit 300 health , 70 range damage and speed like a horse in second age.
Everything you can imagine in the game Sweden even has infinite cards of units that they do not have in their army. IT’S RIDICULOUS

1 Like

Caroleans fire faster than other musketeers.
They outrange musketeers by a fair margin, 12 vs 17 range.
caroleans get 30% ranged resistance in age 4, this makes them significantly tankier than musketeers.
rodeleros lose to caroleans in melee, rodeleros only have 11 attack, caroleans have a whopping 20 attack. sure caroleans lack melee resistance but they still have more health, a ranged attack and much higher attack. if you had said lancers i might have believed you but now you just sound like someone who doesnt even play the game.

theres many civs that get musk and halberdiers. Russia gets both, Portugal gets both and France gets both. Spain gets Rodeleros and musk, rodeleros fill the same role as halberdiers.

3 Likes

If u don’t send caballeros card to be *4 in lancers , lancers lose too against caroleans even against caroleans of 2 age is hard battle , is ridicolous

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a good idea to nerf everything about swedes. Nerfing or reworking caroleans is enough.

Eco is just strong not broken, it has critical weak points (not limitless, requires map control) and actually not so hard to counter, I think it supposed to be so effective if the opponent does nothing about it, maybe they should nerf it in team games somehow because these weak points don’t matter on large 3v3 and 4v4 maps, and it’s really hard to punish sweden boom.

Fusilier should be moved to age 3 and buffed to 7-8 fusiliers for sure, but instead, we need some age II mercs (not only for swedes) that not so powerful, cheaper, and has stats between veteran and guard level, not imperial+ like the other ones.

Infinite cards here only because swedes have no light inf and light cav, and not always can go mercs. Maybe better just unlock these units when the card was sent (like mercs card), or make a separate card to unlock them, instead of making these cards infinite, but it sounds even stronger.

bro , is easy, sweden houses still better than japanese shrines and are cheaper , u have 99 vills and 2 factories . sweden houses are better than dutch banks and dutch only can make 50 vills , Sweden eco are a bit broken.
the berries and the mines when they are finished you have cards to continue with the boom even when you are already strong with a lot of villagers

I really don’t care if they don’t take away the infinite skirm or goon cards or even the crossbowmen, but usually the civs have the cards of their unique units. It seems incredible to me how for example Spain does not have a card of distance troops, not even that of crossbowmen in second age, having those troops available in its army. Sweden apart from not needing those cards to counter the enemy, they have them infinite, and even have crossbowmen and those troops are not available in your army. ( they are not mercenaries because you do not pay resources for them). Recruiting jaëgers and black riders from barracks and stables in fourth age and improved in imperial is the maximum.

If u don’t want nerf sweden , need buff the rest , its easy , all the good players that I have asked think Sweden is broken

1 Like

Shrines are infinite, torps - not, cheaper for 5 wood? japs have the card to decrease the cost, and their heroes can build shrines and it is a lot harder to clean the map from shrines. Torps should gather faster than shrines. Banks need buff for sure, but comparing banks with torps directly is wrong because torps require map control and resources nearby, banks are closer to compare with houses/estates from other “balanced” civ.

The only reasons why swedes don’t need light inf and cav is caroleans, but if they nerf them, swedes will need both these cards for sure. So nerfing caroleans and removing these cards together doesn’t seem like a balanced decision. As I said you cannot always rely on mercs if there are ninjas or chasqui on the field using mercs isn’t a great idea.

I never said that I don’t want swedes to be nerfed, I said that nerfing caroleans and torps in team games is enough for the next patch. Nerfing/buffing/changing in all aspects in one patch always leads to broken balance.

I’m not sure really what to think.

From what it looks like, Sweden doesn’t have an answer to cavalry? So build cavalry and slap them.

Don’t just keep massing the units that they defeat then whine about it. Usually Sweden alone isn’t so much an issue… euro civs making musket balls is fun because they just think it beats everything.

In fact British longbows and such are so weak, I find they die to everything when not paired up with defenses.

Defend from it and then slap him with cannons or cavalry, it works.

They don’t have an answer to a few units as has been stated here, why not try to build some of those?

Anyway, I wish they’d fix ranking first so I can know it will count.

Also why are these people who were doing this stuff in beta so long only reacting to these bugs/things posted now? I looked and it’s been going on for months…

Incan’s high siege attack infantry with fastest rush currently in the game, and Sweden the noob civ where spamming only musketeers actually is pretty good, I wonder where these devs get inspiration and feedback from. It almost seems like, after months of beta testing, the civs are balanced for noobs? :::open_mouth: Issue suddenly? Shocking.

1 Like

Are you saying that cav cost effectively counter Caroleans? If there is a cost effective counter that does better than breaks even, we all want to know about it.

No, you mix those in and don’t just build units that they defeat easily.

So if they dont counter them cost effectively, why use them? And what units are we supposed to ‘mix’ them in with, if none of the units are cost effective? Are you suggesting to use cav to keep them in melee mode and then use skirms to shoot them while the cav are breaking even with the caroleans?