Nerf Gurjras and other Indian dynasty

Dude! Some of these civs needs buffs. For example, the Dravidians should be able to get access to the knight (upgrades for the knights are still going to be disabled) because the Dravidians currently have the worst Stable in the game.

1 Like

Yep, teutons bohemians are the only civs that van compete with gurjaras late game in my experience. Maybe hindustanis but not sure. Turks get absolutely slaughtered by gurjaras in the long run btw. And going jannis also isnā€™t the best approach vs riders so they counter turks really well. Maybe Italians can be a good counter pick although I honestly have no idea how genoese vs riders goes.

1 Like

And thatā€™s fine, itā€™s their identity. They need in some other areas instead, though I think getting BBC (iirc) is a good start.

No itā€™s NOT fine because there needs to be a South Asian civ that uses knights considering that there have been Indian states that used heavy cavalry and also because there needs to be another civ that has the knight line but not able to upgrade it.

Also Dravidians not having fully upgraded Battle Elephants is a joke: The Cholas historically used Elephants much more than any of the Southeast Asian civs. Medical Corps effect should be tripled and give them Elite Battle Elephant, Husbandry and perhaps the last armor upgrade.

Who carea about historical accuracy lmao, this game has never been accurate

2 Likes

I would at least like to see this in the PUP. Itā€™ll likely need a minor price increase, but as it stands itā€™s a useless tech, that either needs to be made a civ bonus instead or heavily buffed

Especially considering the high bonus damage elephants generally tend to take

1 Like

Why?

Elite BE is removed because of Wootz Steel I guess. I think the UT can be BE and Armored ele +50 HP. A bit similar to Vietnamese but that will actually give a reason to train BE as Dravidians.

Italians absolutely destroyed by Gurjaras. Remember Seige Elephant have +7 Cav armor which means they basically absorb all bonus damage from GC and Italians donā€™t access to halb which is painful to deal with all Gurjaras mounted unit.
It would be better to have bonus damage % reduction instead of +7 Cav armor which make some anti-cavarly unit such as Non-heavy camel or Genoese basically useless against them.

2 Likes

Well itā€™s like archers vs siege ram sure but why would Italians get destroyed by gurjaras? Vs siege elephant you use melee or siege units then. Again I havenā€™t seen riders vs genoese but Iā€™m fairly sure genoese will melt them (as they melt any mounted unit) so gurjaras will rely on shakram vs the civ with cheap hc. At least late game I donā€™t see what unit gurjaras can make here (just like other cav focused civs that simply die if Italians get to their comp).

1 Like

I think civs that have good anti-cav inf + siege can deal kinda well with gurjaras if they donā€™t allow them to raid. All other civs have problems.
Italians are kinda meh vs gurjaras. Maybe in the very lategame they have some useful tools, but before itā€™s kinda hard.

The conversation was about arena. I donā€™t see what infantry siege civ apart from teutons or bohemians can win vs gurjaras. They have bbc vs SO, their riders are basically immune to SO shots and shakrams melt any infantry units that doesnā€™t have high melee armor. Maybe bulgarians because of their UT. Halb SO from any other civ than the above will die to gurjaras most likely while Italians I think should be a good counter (again havenā€™t tried the unit matchup but if genoese beat war elephant Iā€™m pretty sure they beat riders as well).

You live in a dream dude, if a memelukes dies to a shrivamsha rider without dealing any damage how the f would you like GC to be any good.

1 Like

Because gc are way better vs cav than mameluke. Mamelukes are not only freaking expensive they also donā€™t have much range and have huge frame delay and also take more time to reload when both units are FU and are harder to mass. These are important attributes vs riders as you micro differently vs these compared to other cav units. Iā€™ll pick Italians the next x arena games vs civ pickers, Iā€™m pretty certain that I get the matchup within 10 games. Not sure if I wanna play with that crap map pool but Iā€™ll give it a try 11

1 Like