The 2 most common nerf proposal are El Dorado and Archer discount. But I think all Eagle civ’s strength is their eco and not necessarily military. In the end, both eco and military goes hand to hand and nerfing any of them should eventually work but I think nerfing Mayans eco would be the best. I’m proposing 4 here with the order of priority.
- Resource lasts longer bonus does not apply to Farms and Fishing Traps.
- Starting resource penalty increases 50 food → 75 food.
- Start with -25 wood as well as the -50 food.
- Both 2 & 3. Maybe this one will be an overkill. But hey, they were top 3 Arabia civ back in AOC and very likely top 5 ever since (at least for the pros). Why not make them a 47% - 48% win rate civ?
- Resource lasts longer bonus reduced 15% → 10%.
- Archer discount reduced 10%/20%/30% → 10%/15%/20% in Feudal/Castle/Imperial age.
- El Dorado effect reduced Eagle +40 HP → Eagle +30 HP.
- Mayans can’t research Thumb Ring anymore.