NEST OF BEES balanced?

Yeah they definitely need a minimum range. Wondering if making them slower will help when they’re massed as well.

That being said even in low numbers we could argue they are still effective.

it’s far less micro intensive to get mangos to kill archers in aoe4, so they had to reduce their relative stats in some way (the same way mangudai have to be weaker than their aoe2 counterparts)

The common solution to massed units is usually pop cap though, simply increasing their pop prevents the player from over Massing and still have pop cap for a meat shield

I think that what need to be nerfed are the mangonels (and artillery in general).
A group of mangonels are a auto win unless come with 200 spingards. And if the spingards are few in number, mangonels win

1 Like

Realistically, the Nest of Bees was used to suppress fire and make a lot of sound to disperse their enemy.
It is not meant to deal damage at all.
Why?
Because it has these arrows with rockets. And is launched by those small rockets. Thus, it cannot take enough speed as it is released from a bow. It was nowhere near it. The arrows were not able to take enough speed (velocity) in the air and if it hits an enemy it would barely do lethal damage unless it hits vital parts of the human body. It is not powerful enough to pierce leather armour due to this poor performance. But really good to put a show in the air.

With yesterday’s update:
Age of Empires IV — Update 8324

We can see some changes in the nest of bees, I was surprised because as it was said here on the forum I believed that these balances would take time to happen!

But is this increased damage and movement speed enough?
I tested it yesterday and at least I managed to defend myself from a group of archers, and u guys did you like the changes?

@MahoganyHalo80 Funny how this became real in the game. Fires to scare opponents

I have to test the Chinese changes some more. I like them on paper for sure.

1 Like

Nest of Bees are still bugged and don’t benefit from Chemistry. No idea why this bug was not fixed. It needs a fix ASAP.

For clarity, NOB now have 1.12 movement speed after getting the 20% siege engine speed upgrade. That is the same speed as Crossbowmen and Zhuge Nu.

I’m surprised Mangonels got buffed again. We will have to see if Nest of Bees are still worse Mangonels. Its annoying that they are still bugged though.

1 Like