New AI Update Allows AI Controlled Onagers To Attack Allied Woodcutters - PUP_September Build

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: Preview Version 101.101.53941.0 7369310
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The updated AI in the pup_september build gave the AI the ability to cut paths through densely forested maps (such as Amazon Tunnel) by using onagers. However, the AI doesn’t appear to recognize when an ally (such as the human player) is utilizing a tree line. This leads to the AI’s Onager attacking trees used-by/adjacent/near the player’s woodcutters, damaging (and possibly killing) the woodcutters in the process.

While I didn’t observe the AI killing any of my villagers, I did see it damage them. Overall, I like the change except for this issue.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. In the Imperial Age of a game on the Amazon Tunnel map, have your woodcutters along a tree line near the edge of the map (ideally the northern edge of the clearing).
  2. An allied AI player will eventually build an onager to start cutting trees, first moving towards the northern and/or southern edge of the map, and then moving towards the opposite end where the opponents bases are.
  3. If your woodcutters are in the way while it is trying to clear a path, it appears that the AI will still attempt to attack the trees in the area, even if your woodcutters would get damaged.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Ideally, the AI would be able to recognize that my woodcutters were utilizing those trees and wouldn’t have tried to cut through at their location. Practically, I would have at least expected the AI to wait until all of my woodcutters were out of the area of the onager’s attack.

Hey @TheBattlizer ,
Thanks a lot for this report, we are now tracking the issue, have a nice Sunday!

1 Like