New Animal Models (v.2.9.7)

Discuss New Animal Models (v.2.9.7)

Are these the models Forsant made?

No, they are made by me

Hello! I do like this mod. I think truly enhance a feature which oftenly is not considerated; the nature. May I suggest some ideas? How about turkeys as herdable animals, mainly for native but actually they could be for most civs, by the timeframe of the game the turkey was spreaded around the world (it was a luxury thought, only for rich people).

And perhaps gorillas might be another good animal for selvatic African maps, as guardians or ven regular huntables. Thank you very much!

1 Like

While reading the animals I have the same feeling…

This is my recently made mod: Herdable turkeys for Aztec, Haud, Lakota
They are exactly like a sheep, except for the appareance and sound.
https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/153772/

Thanks! I like it! Do you think that it could be possible to make it compatible with this mod? if so, that would be awesome. If not, thanks anyway, I’ll use yours when I play as native :slight_smile: For now, I tested having both at the same time and the turkeys just don’t appear, despite the building limit saying that I have them.

Bug fixed, thanks for the feedback. I forgot 1 file, the anim file!

1 Like

I just I love this mod. Nevertheless, I think the animals multiplying are a little bit out of control. For example, playing in Borneo map the Tasmanian devils just became a “biblical plague”: they just multiply and multiply like super fast. Not only they became an horde at lightning speed, but also so many animals finally cause heavy lag. If you could fix, it would be very nice. Thank you very much!

1 Like

I fixed this issue. Each animal, with the multiplying ability, can multiply slower and has the build limit more decreased.

Thank you for fixing it. Apparently all is working fine now. Just a cuestion: Are the chickens and geese supposed to have sound? Because they don’t in my game.

Also, I have some suggestions in case you may want to consider them. For the sea, blue whales (bigger than regular whales if possible) and more acuatic mammals like walruses, otters. And for land linx, wild boar (as huntable) and chimpanzee. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hello great Work again.But ihave 1Qestion. Kann you make the Fishes and Octopus a little bit deeper in the Water. So it looks better.

1 Like

I have Ideas for Animals. Mantera,Watersnake,Bluewhale,Dolfin, Hammerheadshark,waterturtle, lion male and female,anakonda,sperm whale,marlin animation like age of empires1.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for late reply, and thanks for the suggestion. I did what you suggested in the recent update of the mod.
I look forward to more suggestions for improvements of the mod.

I will add a changelog for each major update from now on !

thanks for the great work. I am happy. The new animals are great. The new crocodile is very good. But I also liked the older model. maybe you can take it back into the mod under a different name.then I would have a suggestion for Marlin. The 3D model seems a bit big to me. The animation could maybe be like Age of Empires 1. He just jumps out of the water.ok now i would like to say something about the two whales. it would be great if these animals appear from time to time, similar to the original whales in the game. looks more realistic.
I know that it only makes sense with a different animation. It’s definitely a lot of work.
it would also be cool if the blue whale in particular emits a fountain when it surfaces. with sound

I know that’s a lot of wishes and ideas. but it doesn’t matter if you do it like this. your mods are great.

1 Like