New arabia is bad

think we’re both not into this scene. 11
Don’t know, but for me it looks like devs made an overkill there. I think EW is a quite restrictive gamemode anyways, so why even trying to get several different maps there? I don’t think arena players will ever try to play the EW equivalent there.
I think EW players are quitte easy-minded. So just give them what they like the most and they will be happy to not be queued that long. I think they prefer that more than having map diversity.

But true, I’m not into that scene, so I might be wrong with that assessment.

Edit: BTW I see already players with 400 EW games… looks like EW is a great success anyways. Maybe the road devs went wasn’t wrong? I don’t have any comparisonable data with deathmatch.

I personally don’t like Empire Wars, part of the satisfaction is being able to choose the strategy and base layout, and early game skills should actually play a role in the game. I also don’t really trust the map gen engine to give me the kind of base layout I would make for myself, especially after something like the new Arabia. How I kind of see it: Deathmatch < Empire Wars < Castle Blood Automatic < Random Map

I think different game modes are nice to have, not to be misunderstood. I just dont fancy the way EW works. I’d like to see Regicide and/or Sudden Death games though.

Yes, I can understand how EW appeals to some people, I’m just not really one of them. Regicide or Sudden death would be good though.