New (balanced) Arabia Map

Dude, that guy Nicov i posted above saying that this iteration of tha map is ■■■■ is a pro, you know?

I know who Nicov is, I see him on Twitch. What I don’t see in your post is what Nicov said. It’s just 4 black squares, so I cannot really follow up on your comment.

2 Likes

Ah, now I see. I am on Nicov’s side: This is the worst Arabia ever. I don’t really know, though if we agree on the reasons, hehe. I dislike it because it’s predictable. Predictable is no fun. They made it predictable by accounting for fairness, a factor that should only matter in tournaments.

There are so many ways to prevent the wall game.

etc. increase the cost of wall, reduce durability of wall and house, decrease the forest size

But now they choose the most extreme way.
it’s really boring I almost see tower rush in every game of 1600+ now.

They already nerfed it a shit ton of times, it’s about time people accept that walls are an integral part of the game

6 Likes

Yeah you just can’t play the game without walls.
Walls are necessary to move out with your army cause they are the only comparably cheap tool to buy some time against an incoming raid so you can retreat your army.
The whole strategic part of the game depends on having walls available.

The next thing is, that civs with bad early agression potential NEED walls quite early. They have basically no choice, as they can’t mirror the sheer power and timings of early agression civs. The walls are there just to buy enough time to get a reasonable defence up and maybe even open with your own rush if there is the opportunity.

Without a reasonable chance to get like 50 % of your walls up before the first rush arrives, these civs are just dead, as they will be permanently put in defence and can’t be agressive themselves.
This is just horrible for balance and gameplay. Because it’s predictable and you basically can’t do anything against it, besides you know “yeah the mongol player will make his 17 pop scout rush…”. You just can’t do anything to counter it. You basically have to accept that he will damage your eco seriously with it.
This is not rts anymore. If you know what is coming and can’t come on top cause there is no counter strat available.

2 Likes

If we want less walling, the only way is to replace wall utility by some new tools added to the game.

There is no other way, you can’t forcingly get rid of something you don’t like if it is an essential part of the strategic balance of the game.

1 Like

There were no way to prevent the wall game

-) FC => not possible
-) Drush FC => not possible anymore
-) Wall and Boom=> not possible anymore
-) Tower Rush => was bad and rarely used before, but since all woodlines are in the back now its even WORSE

why it is problem?

U can play TC boom, and FC → Closed map

this is open map. ok? Tower rush → bad strategy should be purnished cuz many newbie players end out this game cuz of tower rush.

So there were no problem.

1 Like

The lack of logical reasoning here is frightening. Literally not seen even one good argument for why this change is good in the overall picture of the game all I hear is anecdotally "get with the times man "
“Git gud”
“But I like this style of gameplay this map provides”
“But there are other maps still for you”
“You can just ban your old favourite map what’s the problem?”

2 Likes

most of the arguments in this forum are just endless, meaningless arguments.
Everyone wants to convince other by their own preference only.

3 Likes

Whatever you think of the new Arabia, it’s quite different from the old one. I coincidentally had the old version on my computer, so I’ve uploaded it as a mod. Enjoy!

I know this doesn’t help with ranked games, but obviously I can’t do anything about that…

1 Like

I think new arabia is disater for matchmaking. Its related to alt +f4. i used to alt f4 like 2 games in 50 but thats cause i prefered arabia and didnt mind BIT OF VARIETY but now im discusted i dont want to play arabia often ill ban it from time to time and will dodge bulshit maps…So my alt f4 ration increased like 1000% seems like im beecoming “clown” and i dont even care.

1 Like

Hmmm not sure if it’s been said already, but a trush rarely is executed at the wood line. Usually you aim to deny gold, berries and stone first. Trush is actually more viable now.

2 Likes

boy you should see the original arabia

how about just dont do that.

Wrong. First thing you need to deny is their berries when making a trush. The second thing is wood, since your opponents will need farms to make farms faster becasuse they don’t have their berries anymore. Gold is the least imortant res to tower

2 Likes
  1. No, you deny any forward resources while wrapping around the base. Denying wood is an easy way to lose a trush, as you can easily move to another wood line. By wrapping around, you deny safe farms

Well it depends I think.
Denying stone could also be neat with a tower rush, but basically every ressource you can completely deny basically means insta win for the trusher.

Former arabia wood doesn’t worked as good with trush as

But that was usually the strat to go if you massed archers, as archers are mobile and can hit multiple woodlines in sequence.

i think with a bad map gen currently trushing stone and/or gold can be extremely successfull in the new arabia, as it is not that unlikely that the opponent doesn’t has back gold/stone.