New build pathing is broken again especially for waller/builder

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

pathing broke again and clearly shows when you try to wall with a single vill, somehow collision or pathing make them stop building a tile here and there. imagine this happening and leaving a hole without player realizing it.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. select villager place wall
  2. shift drag click to have it build them in order
  3. repeat until it happens

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

to not stop unless they are truely blocked, fix pathing

videos and replay attached below:

SP Replay v101.102.15522.0 #(81058) @2023.04.12 090123.aoe2record (2.8 MB)

Thanks @thieftdp8498 we’re now tracking this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pathing has been broken for the third time in less than two years due to an update that introduced new features. And it needs to be reverted to its previous state again.

1 Like

I’ve noticed now that when I send villagers to build walls, sometimes they stop building and you hear the obstructed building sound. This seems to be because sometimes the villager itself is standing on the next tile and instead of moving off of it first, then building it, it now doesn’t move off but tries to build anyway and can’t. They don’t move on to the next tile either unless the entire wall was queued. They just stop building altogether and go idle.

Happened consistently when I try to build walls in the 3 games I’ve played since patch was released.

wow 3 times they keep breaking and fixing? so they can show they are doing something KEK

3 Likes

Yes, this is a bug I already reported to the team.