NEW CAMPAIGNS? AND NEW FEATURES?

gello all, i know old campaings are going to be just the same way they used to in 1997, but i think it would be cool to adress new campaigns escenarios.
Does enyone here feel the same?

i also think that remakeing the game and sticking with basic game mechanics is awsome but i personally think that the comunity is hopeing for new features like special unit for each civilization for example.
new units,new upgrades, new maps, good matchmakeing sistem wich mix lobby creating games (hosted games) and mixed with for example battlenet.

the reason i think the game needs new stuff to be added is becaouse otherwise it will feel like 1997 aoe with 4k graphics but not a “new game”.

in my personal opinion is important to mantain basic concepts, and game mechanics but also to add many new features that doesnt screw the original game but make the game feel like a complete new wholeone so it can be the greatest of all times.

what do you guys think?

There will be plenty of user made campaigns. Although some new official ones would be nice too, I don’t think it’s very important.

I completely agree that the game needs new features and more differentiations between civilizations…
I am quite sure that they are already working on it. (at least, i hope so). One of the best things of AOE III, for example, consist in its high differentiation among all the playable civ. it is a must for a game that wants to be played for long and to celebrate the 20 years of AOE.

DLC , my friend. DLC.

Yeah, I think down the line they will add expansions like they did with AoE2HD. My hope is that in the expansions they also greatly improve/modernize gameplay features so the purists can stay with the base game to play with the “original” feel and the expansions can have the features we all want in 2017 and beyond :slight_smile:

If you check the News section of the Forums, just yesterday, July 9, they released an interview with, Cedric Van de Sande, the Campaign Lead. They reworked the old content and there is a new Campaign also and scenario editor also. Pretty cool stuff.

There are very good campaigns available on http://aoe.heavengames.com some of them are even of better quality than the original campaigns.

I doubt there will be any new ‘official’ campaigns at launch, but who knows what will come after. I do agree as stated above, that there are plenty of custom campaigns and definitely even more new ones after launch once people play with the new editor! :slight_smile:

I think the user made campaigns of Andrea Rosa were Age of Empires’ finest (though he did tend to require numerous objectives be accomplished which meant you had to go back to the objectives screen a lot). He did a Sumerian campaign, a Hittite campaign, a Viking campaign, and so on.

Would be nice if they made the old Yamato campaign more substantive writing wise, or at least more poetic (they were working off very little historical info, and it shows).

Leery about a new campaign. Age of Empires II’s campaigns as made by the “developers” were pretty bad. They should just hire old Ensemble Studios staff to make the new campaign. (And hopefully it features Sumeria or Persia).

@hazzardrox said:
gello all, i know old campaings are going to be just the same way they used to in 1997, but i think it would be cool to adress new campaigns escenarios.

The Campaign Lead did an interview in which he talked about the remastered campaigns, I think it would be nice for you to take a look. About having new contents of civilizations and campaigns I think this will only be possible with the later release of DLC’s, I’m looking forward to it!

@hazzardrox said:

The Campaign Lead did an interview in which he talked about the remastered campaigns, I think it would be nice for you to take a look. About having new contents of civilizations and campaigns I think this will only be possible with the later release of DLC’s, I’m looking forward to it!

@hazzardrox said:

@hazzardrox said: