New campaigns for OG civs

Hello, as everybody knows new campaigns have added for every single civ since the Forgotten (with the exception of couple of Forgotten civs from Dracula campaign). As it turns out every single civ that lacks a campaign is pretty significant:
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Magyars, Mayans, Persians, Romans, Slavs, Turks, Vikings.

So my idea is some kind of campaign pack with 10 campaigns and maybe 8-10 more historical battles to fill out the missing campaigns. I would prefer it to be free, cuz there are plenty of quality already made campaigns and potential campaign designers, but anyways 5-10 bucks wouldn’t hurt too much.

What do yall think?

5 Likes

Can add those with future civilization ############## Eg. Turk persian campaigns with georgian civi
Dracula change from slavs to romanians add campaigns for vikings and slavs

3 Likes

What future civilization?

Incuding dlc’s is what I typed.

1 Like

Campaigns seem to be what takes the most pre-release time from the devs, so I don’t see it happening and especially not for free.

EDIT: Except maybe for the Romans.

All it takes is 1 guy to make a campaign. At most another guy makes one or two scenarios of the campaign. They could get some designers on a flexible schedule and it won’t be a big deal. I mean if you focus your efforts you can make a good campaign in less than a month, I know from experience.

1 Like

Yikes good for you, it’s not even enough for a scenario for me and I kinda have free time right now…

Yeah they could… blink blink

2 Likes

official campaigns also need to be translated and voice-acted
so 1 month is pretty unlikely

7 Likes

Yes, with the new dlcs they are going to try to include campaigns for the original civs (Romans included)… a dlc in the Caucasus would be Georgians, Armenians and Slavs; in a dlc in the Balkans it would be Serbs, Croats, Vlachs (Dracula) and Magyars; in a dlc from the Middle East, Turks and Persians, from America (Missippians, Puebloans, Tarascans and Mayans) and so on…

Note that most of the civs you mentioned do have a campaign, it’s just inside the historical battles.
Anyways I do wanna see more campaigns for those civs, mostly Magyars and Vikings.

The original Honfoglalas was like a campaign condensed in a single scenario. It depicted the history of the Magyar people from their migration, pushed away by the pechenegs, until their war against the Bulgarians and the final settlement in Hungary. It was terrible. Nowadays, it’s what a standalone scenario should be. There definitly is material for a campaign, but it won’t happen, precisely because it already has it’s place as a standalone.

If a romanian civi gets added in a new dlc it can fix multiple civis not having a campaign.
Dracula reworked with romanians,Slavs getting brand new campaign which can overlap with viking campaign.Turks Magyars fighting over the balkans or romanian principalities.

5 Likes

Just to make it clear.
Historical battles are 1 scenario. I’m talking about campaigns with 5-6 scenarios each.

1 Like

You need artists to make the background artworks (at least 2 pieces), originaly drawn sliders illustrations, the icons, all the voice acting (takes months in itself). And no, you cannot make a good campaign in one month. A good scenario, written script, storyline, handcrafted maps, real historical research, special mechanics outside the standard Build & Destroy pattern, it all takes tons of time and energy to make.
I’m on a Roman campaign since almost 9 months (that is working 2 jobs on the side, but still). The last Turkish campaign took me over 6 months with tons of free time to work with.
A campaign that is made in 1 month and matches official standards in terms of aesthetic, fun and orginial gameplay is not a realistic thing, even for a whole team, let alone one guy.

3 Likes

I would also like a campaign with the Byzantines
the one in Bari didn’t satisfy me enough.

Maybe on Belisarius, Justinian or generally on Gothic warfare, perhaps using both “Byzantines” and Romans

2 Likes

Yes, it would be good…I was never too convinced by Bari since 2 HD…with Belisarius you could put Persians, Romans, Berbers (Vandals) and Goths…

1 Like

I also recently read about the Roman-Persian War (Heraclius) and it’s very interesting, I think it has potential for a great campaign

1 Like

Really! I have one big scenario of it in my own campaign but it could definitely be a whole campaign.
Many historians refer to that as the war which ended antiquity because after it the two contenders were exhaust and Muslims could easily conquer both their empires (byzantines survived but not as a “Roman empire” anymore).
The war between Persia and Rome also was one that lasted for all antiquity before with Parthia and then with Sassanids so it really was the end of something!

2 Likes

Yes, the thing is between Justinian and Heraclius… with Justinian you can put Persians, Vandals, Romans, Italians and Goths and with Heraclius you can put Persians and Saracens…

1 Like

With Heraclius there would also be the Khazars:D