New civilization confirmed

I don’t like the fact that the explorer rewards are time limited but a new civ got me all excited <3

1 Like

if you wanna be boring you can play TAD.

1 Like

I just want to play a game that has more than 2 viable civs. I like the design of most of the new civs, but the balance makes the game unplayable. Nice constructive post though, thanks.

8 Likes

20-25 (Maximum 30). That is to say, From Asia and the Middle East we can obtain another 3 or 4, lack of Oceania that could contribute at least 1, Africa one or two more, perhaps Mapuche from America and Europe also 2 or 3 more. With 25 in total I think it would be more than good.

2 Likes

Moroccans are my guess because we see it in the historical battle.
Italians, Poles, Siam, Persians, Koreans, Mapuche and some oceania Civ(s) will be great tho.

9 Likes

If the tool is not reserved for the developer I will produce a certain amount of map because the coop is much more fun.
I am looking forward to the news update.

img

7 Likes

saying “i dont want more faction” is not constructive, its like saying you want the game to die.

15 Likes

AOE3:DE got one new European (Swedes), one new Native American (Inca), so maybe one new Asian? (Persia?)

I’d be happy with Morroco though but does anyone else think its weird that Berbers have a hero unit and villagers? Could they have been 3rd African civ?

3 Likes

This game had an active community from 2008-2020 without any new civs. new civs will kill the competitive scene, not the lack thereof.

Devs need to balance at a rate faster than new civs are being released, which they currently are not doing. The game cannot be fair if they put more effort into selling more content than balancing the existing content. Believe it or not, most people don’t enjoy the game if they don’t feel it’s fair. just look at how much complaining there is on this forum about Japan. The game has been unplayable for the last 6 weeks, and it might still be if this patch was too shy. I don’t want to have to step away from my favorite game for 6-12 weeks every 4 months.

7 Likes

yeah i think Persia actually aint too unlikely, it is a very wanted civ and it seems logical that the Asians would be fleshed out into 4 factions.

9 Likes

AOE3 survived for a long time with a healthy playerbase and no new civs before DE. If DE suddenly dies overnight when they inevitably cease adding new content then the game couldn’t have been particularly fun in the first place.

2 Likes

no new civs=no patches=no balancing.

also i dont know if you have noticed but the faction i personally want are fairly “run of the mill”, i practically just want persia and the 3 missing europeans.

7 Likes

Anyone correct me if I’m mistaken, but the Ethiopians have a HC card that refers to the Italians with the Italian Kingdom flag.

This might be an hint to the Italians being introduced into the game as the next civ.

2 Likes

i mean they got that and a british 1, but similarly the Hausa have a “Dane guns”, i think it’s a little early to draw conclusions from these shipments.

2 Likes

True… I didn’t saw the Dane one, so you might be right, especially because the post was talking about one new civ, so at this point maybe it will be some civs that is already in the game.

Back to the topic, is Morocco 90%.

They have an historical battle, unit skins and reused voices from Berbers/Corsairs/Arabs. They only need the buildings, some new units and the design.

Also it would be under the African DLC. It’s clear that they left it because time or budget limitations, because they had the villagers and the hero done also.

7 Likes

If I pray enough it sure will come true… “Please… Boers or Zulu…”
I also hope we will have a new historical battle like: “Battle of Isandhlwana (1879)”.
New maps of South Africa, Congo, Kalahari, Kilimanjaro, Lake Victoria, Madagascar…

Of course, the other possible civilization could be Italians (with Cesare Borgia or Vittorio Emmanuelle II) or maybe Congo (Nzinga Mvemba?). Meanwhile, I will continue dreaming of an expansion of pirates (Algiers, Tortuga, Wokou…)

1 Like

pleas no boers, of all factions that would probably be the worst.

i think Italians are more like to appear in a European DLC.

10 Likes

I wonder who the new civ is going to be

1 Like

As @Jonasnee8581 alluded to DLC is paramount to a game like this in order to generate enough revenue to continue support. There is a lot that could be added if it makes sense financially to do so. Most people are enthusiastic for more content and that’s a good sign for it’s longevity.

9 Likes