New Civs?

Hi.
Wondering if new civs will come in the future. Maybe something fresh like Mayas, Incas or an early Vikings civ?
What civilization would you like?

Vikings too :hushed:

How about Native American ?

1 Like

There were no Incas or Vikings during the AoE1 time period. Instead of those, I’d like to see Germans and Celts and the Vedic civilization added. If you want new world civs, perhaps also Mayans and Olmecs.

Balancing out current civilizations should be done first.
After it has done, could be checked what game styles are yet to be implemented. And made civilizations to fill those needs.

I don’t know. There are already a lot of Civs in it, and the ones mentioned above are all not from these times. Perhaps just enhance and expand the existing ones. I would much more like to see extra units instead of extra Civs

The presence of new civilizations would probably be out of context.
It would be nice to see even more aesthetic characterization of the already existing civilizations (even units).

I don’t think they should add more civs. It will only make balancing of the game more difficult. It would of course be really cool, but if it turns out to be really imbalanced, then nah.

Agreed, I think it will be a lot easier to balance extra units instead of extra Civs

It it a remake! Which means that the only things that they are going to change are 1) Graphics 2)Music and generally sound 3) algorithms 4) small balance changes

@MisguidedMonk54 said:
It it a remake! Which means that the only things that they are going to change are 1) Graphics 2)Music and generally sound 3) algorithms 4) small balance changes

It does not necessarily mean that. There were many new civilizations added in AoE2 as well.

@qweytr24 said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

It does not necessarily mean that. There were many new civilizations added in AoE2 as well.

I can not see your point AoE2 was a new game Definitive Edition is a remake. Also, this is what the creative director of Microsoft Studios said.

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

I can not see your point AoE2 was a new game Definitive Edition is a remake. Also, this is what the creative director of Microsoft Studios said.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fButLWsKtN0
What does that video tell about new civilizations? The changes they have shown us are already much bigger than those between AoE2 Conquerors and the original release of AoE2 HD, so I don’t think new civilizations are out of question here either.

@qweytr24 said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fButLWsKtN0
What does that video tell about new civilizations? The changes they have shown us are already much bigger than those between AoE2 Conquerors and the original release of AoE2 HD, so I don’t think new civilizations are out of question here either.

OK. We will learn soon enough :smiley:

@qweytr24 said:
There were no Incas or Vikings during the AoE1 time period. Instead of those, I’d like to see Germans and Celts and the Vedic civilization added. If you want new world civs, perhaps also Mayans and Olmecs.

I would like to see more hellenic Civilisations.

@“Laurens BM” said:

@qweytr24 said:

What exactly? I think Greece and Macedon are plenty already, while all of India has nothing.

@qweytr24 said:

@“Laurens BM” said:

@qweytr24 said:

What exactly? I think Greece and Macedon are plenty already, while all of India has nothing.

I’am just a huge van of hellenic empires, but maybe you are right. But I don’t like the idea of adding civs like the Mayas, because in my opinion that civs have nothing to do with our history.

They could add Maurya for India.

I say work on balancing the civilizations that were in the base game and ROR. After that, adding more civilizations should probably be done as an expansion or DLC later on.

@qweytr24 said:

This.

I personally would prefer not to see American bands, as they didn’t had contact with any other civilization of the game.

In my opinion, Western Europe is the most underrepresentated zone, so in my opinion, if new cultures are added, there should be a pack of western europeans: celts, germans and iberians. Also and Indian band (as Mauryans) would be great, as they are one of the most ancient and interesting cultures.

@Daxtesoscuro said:

In my opinion, Western Europe is the most underrepresentated zone, so in my opinion, if new cultures are added, there should be a pack of western europeans: celts, germans and iberians. Also and Indian band (as Mauryans) would be great, as they are one of the most ancient and interesting cultures.

I would like to see Germans too or a North Europe civ, would be very interesting. And i agree with many of you that it should be better to add more units and content with the ones we already have.