New content coming for Aoe4

Shifting them 13 spaces by wildguessing that ZN icon were to represent the letter M.

But just spelling out Gamescom is kinda cringe xD

I mean it’s kinda expected from Microsoft to show up there and AOE4 being their biggest title in the strategygame.

At least they could have spelled something interesting like Expansion or something. Now that would really get people’s eyes up. But it rather further confirms for me the unlikelyhood of any new Civ’s.

6 Likes

A ROT-13 cipher is a common cipher.

Ha why would this confirm anything about civs or no civs?

We still don’t know what the emojis are for.

1 Like

Midsummer festival? Sankthansaften? That stuff tends to burn xD

1 Like

The thing I base it mostly off is the last patch notes where they gave insight to Season 3.
And telling us about there will be a massive upcoming naval rework.

While the camp icon is more dubious.

The boat icon is pretty obvious that it has something to do about ships, aka ship combat in aoe4.

The Fireman, well ships start burning when low on health. They also talked about new ship types.
The Fireship was pretty universal ship in AoE2 that aided with the balance.

But definitely something related to something burning. Most likely something related to Fire-mechanics in the game related to navy.

1 Like

Fire could just as easily refer to something like Byzantines. We just have no idea yet.

1 Like

What you mention is quite realistic, but very little for what people want, hopefully it will be much more

blood corpses and a filter a little grayer than you think

most likely it will be a rock, paper and scissors system just like on land (archers, pikes and horsemen)

Most people agree that the first is Ottoman(Turks) and the last is Byzantines. They are both also the two highest requested civilisations.

Danes(Vikings) would be out of place.

I suggest Venice. Because it’s the civilisation that interacted most with both of them and is very famous for it’s navy.

Also a boat is maybe a to direct hint for Danes because the other hints are more abstract.

4 Likes

well teh game industry loves to hype stuff up.
I’ve come to realise they can hype a burger up into the moon.
People expect the burger they see on the commercial.
Loaded with nice juicy content.

You get the burger IRL, and its just a sad patty with hardly any cheese and bacon on it.
They didn’t directly lie, they gave you what they promised they would give. But it’s nowhere as delicious as the syntethic makeup food they have on the posters.

I used to work in sales before, and I know very well how much these people making mediocre things seems like the greatest stuff ever.
Sad thing is, is that many of them fall into their own hype and believe the stuff.

Anyway, i like keeping my expectation not low, but mediocre. I can still get dissapointed. But the likelyhood of getting impressed is higher.

1 Like

AoE 3’s first addon (The War Chiefs) added 3 civs on top of the 8 launch civs, so it’s not too unlikely.

2 Likes

It’s an encrypted message, so it’s not random.

It simply means that there will be some surprises at the gamescom, which is the usual format of aoe to marketing their new releases (except with that time with LotW…)

As for the 3 emoji, the ship and fire fighter let me think about fire ships, which could either be a hit to a naval rework, or to the introduction of the Eastern Roman Empire… or to both…

The tent though is a mistery to me… :thinking:

1 Like

Whats the model of the DLC in Aoe2 Aoe3.?

• Do you need to buy to play multiplayer or you only need to buy if you want to play the campaigns.
  • And how many civs usually come with the DLC.

On to the topic.

• Gamescom is good for exposure.
  • As for civs i would like non-eurropean civs in the firs DLC. I know most of the Europe history so id like to learn more from around the world.

It’s complicated. Two sides here.

The only New World megaempire of AoE4 was not Meso, it was the Inca on the Pacific side of South America. Inca Empire had vast territory and 12 million inhabitants in 1500, larger than entire Spanish Empire (8 million), Russia (6 million), Aztecs (6 million) Hungary (4 million), English (2 million) but smaller than the Ottoman Empire (16 million) and arguably Empire of Mali (disputed ~11-20 million). Basic facts do matter.

On the other hand, it’s true that several Old World empires possess a higher technological-civilizational sophistication (think trebuchet, crossbow, armor, gigantic Ottoman Bombards, arquebus, the musket) that can easily inform a superior game design-historicity balance.

Not that we could rule out Inca would be totally able to build trebuchets and guns, and indeed resist conquest, had the Spanish 16th-century unintentional “COVID” not devastated Inca in first place. To a very reasonable degree, limited alt history or slight variations is not only warranted; it’s the norm in game design.

Therefore it seems to me the inclusion of Inca Empire in AoE4 would be justified on the basis of outstanding uniqueness / cool, game potential, representation and sheer size (population and territory) criteria.

See the Rise and Fall investigation and analysis topic with the full Criteria Set:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/rise-fall-new-maps-music-time-analysis-ranking-how-do-top-dlc-civs-compare-vs-8-launch-civs-part-of-the-first-realistic-aoe4-dlc-investigation-in-the-forum/209141

4 Likes

Would you imagine berserks like in The Northman, and them having the ability to climb palisade walls? That’d be amazing. I do hope we’re not going to see another man-at-arms reskin (looking at you, palace guards - the guandao was a very particular weapon completely unlike a sword so it doesn’t make any sense that palace guards have the same attack mechanics as a swordsman, hell, they could even be good against cavalry since they have what amounts to a pike).

I think those are Hun ( nomad ), vikings and bizantine

1 Like

That’s the kind of gameplay mechanics that I would like to see in game…

1 Like

Huns?
Definitely Palmyrans!

2 Likes
5 Likes

This is the first realistic and context-based DLC investigation and poll (I created it almost 2 months ago) that Drongo showcased in today’s video and used on its thumbnail:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/poll-the-first-realistic-context-based-aoe4-dlc-investigation-poll-updated-new-flags-latest-snapshot-august-5/208064

1 Like