New DLC civ bonuses seem really... out of place?

Imagine thinking following standard industry business strategies, is blackmail…
Couldn’t be me…

And every time it had more content to justify said purchases.

SP wants civs, and they also want them usable in all modes.

I do not care about ELO score, got a family to feed now, just want to play campaigns and skirmish, with my little girls sitting on my lap, eyes stuck on all the colourful objects mnoving on the screen.

3 Likes

Different halberdiers for Spanish and Chinese? That would hinder the visual clarity in-game especially in team games just like how people complained when unit skins were released in Starcaft 2.

Unlike your negativity, I’m just being aware that the upcoming civs from the DLC are still not final and tentative to further change. /11

Of course, AoE 2 will always have more players than AoE 3 since it is more popular.

Of course they are important part. The problem is when they see themselves that the whole AoE community revolves around them and the way they vindictively bashed the effort of the AoE 2 team to bring new content to the game when nothing is even final.

Also Cysion getting so much hate by the manchildren in another forum are cringe.

There’s also no wording in the holy grail article (https://www.pcgamesn.com/age-of-empires-2-definitive-edition/new-civs) that Adam Isgreen did say “there will be no more civs in the future”, the article mentioned ,

At this point, I think we’re done adding civilisations to Age II. I do not foresee us adding any more civs to the game. - Adam Isgreen

The words “I think” and “I do not foresee” in any form doesn’t mean “final”. I’m really grateful that with an upcoming DLC, there will be further support from the devs. Unlike some masterpiece that got deforged which until now has no ladder.

2 Likes

It is more popular because it is better, and balance being much more simmetrical is a part of why it is better.

Still, no reason why we should not get new civs, that explore untoccupied design space.

1 Like

you are hilarious.

with different skins the units can be differentiated even when using Team colors.

It also works pretty well in starcraft 2.

Competitive SC2 tournaments did not allow Skins, and majority of the high ladder players had them all disabled.

It does mess greatly with visual clarity. AoE3 failed HARD because it lacks visual clarity.

3 Likes

said it before, buying this dlc is supporting a bad business model that will release broken civs just to milk the playerbase.

1 Like

Good!

The civs will eventually be balanced anyway, but everyone will have more content, MC will make more money, and the game will be supported for longer.

1 Like

have you ever played with team colors? all the units using the same skin make it hard to distinguish the players. Also this is a real dlc where you don’t buy it if you don’t like it. No one is being forced via ELO blackmail.

Yes, I have, the issue is distinguishing unit types on a glance, not which player they belong to.

ALL-IN mechanics can’t be balanced. just tell me ONE Strategic game with an all in ability that is balanced.

flemish milita is not an steppe lancer that can be tweaked. Flemish militia is an END_THIS_GAME_NOW button

1 Like

No, Flemish Militia is a “I am being destroyed and need an army of Trash units now, even though it will permanently cripple my economy, because I just need more time”.

Flemish Militia were originally called Flemish Pikemen, which likely means it will be some sort of Trash Tier unit, and the Spearman line is the least offensively capable of the Trash units.

1 Like

Oh please. you totally didn’t play starcraft 2 multiplayer at all. I’ve seen how skins for units like stalkers and immortal are almost undistinguishable, then there’s also the complain regarding the baneling skins even with team colors.

2 Likes

when you press the END_THIS_GAME_NOW you can win, you can lose. still the game ends there because it is a huge spike of power for the flemish followed by no eco to mantain the game.

Yes, I have, the issue is distinguishing unit types on a glance, not which player they belong to.

I have the other problem, I prefer to distinguish my aztec ally from my British ally while playing with team colors. That Is a DLC I will buy, and being optional and not changing the experience of anyone else.

tell me why is bad?

compared with this that will make febraury a hell for the competititve scene.

I’ve been diamond a lot of times in SC2. 1v1, 2v2 premade, 4v4 alone.

Can’t you distinguish immortlas even when they have an hexed based shield? lol

It will likely end up like the Revolutions in AoE3, in which the Revolting player usually ended up losing because Revolutionary units cannot really compete with Imperial units, and it destroys the player’s Economy.

It is not an " END_THIS_GAME_NOW" button, it is a Panic Button.

No one cares about your rank to prove your point. What we’re discussing is the “skin” for both immortal and stalkers almost undistinguishable.

I don’t want this to happen for AoE 2 DE with your idea of halberdier skins especially in team games.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/6v1t8g/lets_play_a_game_how_many_immortals_stalkers_and/

2 Likes

still the game ends…

About the skins. It would only affect the player with the dlc, as the Mongol houses in different events. If the excuse is that players can’t distinguish a Kamayuk from a mayan Halberd. Then the player don’t uses that skin.

Also that image is a bad example, all the players with some logic know how to activate the healthbars that really help to distinguish one unit form other.

It is almost like it will only reward intelligent usage, and is there to counter concerns of several UTs being called useless by the community, or something!

I found it hard to choose which is more hilarious: people fearing the new contents would ruin the game before knowing anything more about them, or people defending them by saying they are definitely useless.

1 Like

So you imply that all the 1.2k upvoters of that thread which I have indicated in the source have less logic than average? That’s also the reason why the yurt skin for the houses during the Mongolian event were temporary because any visual impairment is not to be tolerated in any form.

2 Likes