New elephant unit ideas?

An d that’s pne part of the issues with the current eles in the game.

Imo we should first try to fix the current eles in the game before we try to add new ones to the current mess.

One idea I already proposed several times (also cause of other interactions) is to add 1 or 2 techs that reduce the pop space consumption of foot units. Eles would still have the Pop space advantage over other cavalry, but less huge advantage over the foot units.
This would allow ro REDUCE the bous damage from both pikes/halbs against regular elss but also skirms against EA units.

4 Likes

Elephant Villager, Elephant Scout

Surely not?! A bombard cannon pulled by an elephant, fair enough, but actually mounting one on an elephant sounds far fetched to me. It would break the elephant’s back when it fired.

I’m pretty sure Priests can pick up relics. I think the reason the scenario editor units are bugged is just that there’s no “with relic” version of them, not really a technical limitation.

I agree with this. My suggestion would be, in the first instance, to give all elephant units a 10% speed boost but have them no longer affected by Husbandry. Possibly do the same with Bloodlines too. This would make them easier to get going, without increasing their late game power at all. (It’s also more historically accurate, since war elephants were, as I understand it, not domesticated.)

1 Like

I think a elephant monk or elephant skirm would be a cool idea.

Only elephant units which are missing which have been in others games are elephants armed with gunpowder weapons.

Now I can’t help but imagine the elephant itself holding guns.

2 Likes

An elephant shooting lasers through his trunk as a cheat unit would be cool

2 Likes

The only one I think should be added to the game is Cannon elephant, but, a new eco elephant monted by a, vil that would have an extraordinary ability to build could work. Hidtorically is accurate because people had used elephants to help in constructions sice the antiquity

@Darkillermon How about adding a cheat unit called the [Giant Slinger] as well to the game?
It would most likely be a more funny cheat unit than a cool one but maybe I am wrong.

Sure, why not? :smiley: [20 chars]

1 Like

I come forward with yet another suggestion: Elephant Elephant Elephant

An elephant mounted on another elephant that is mounted on yet another elephant

1 Like

When you see this its gg already

5 Likes

Jokes aside, I think elephants need a buff, at least battle elephants do. They’re slow as hell, not exactly cheap, and die to pretty much anything.

4 Likes

I would like to link 2 old threads about eles we had some time ago:

and this:

Gun on an elephant.

Yes.
An elephant could never carry a large cannon on it’s back.

I think all the units suggested here are unique units.
We already have a cavalry, archer and siege elephant unit, I don’t think we need a regional unit elephant for every building.

The Cannon Elephant would be a single target unit. Good against high HP and high armour units like Knights.

Shouldn’t it be relatively easy to make a Priest with relic version?
I think units like the Imam just turn into a Monk with Relic.

Also there might be balance issues. Missionaries can also not carry relics.

Yes, but that’s not a bombard cannon on an elephant.

Costs 1020 food, 510 gold, but still only takes 1 population.

Presumably. I think there already is one.

You can read about them here.

I guess the problem with missionaries is that they’re too fast and could grab all the relics before everyone. Ele monks could also cause troubles because of their high hp allowing them to bring relics to their camp even if they attract enemy’s attention, that’s why I suggest to give them lower speed to balance them out (or make it so they don’t benefit from fervor nor husbandry).

1 Like

You forgot camel elephant :slight_smile:

1 Like