New Expansion DLC: Dawn of the Dukes

Kiev + Minsk + Moscow + Novgorod = Ruthenians (present Slavs civ)

3 Likes

I agree with you, but you must also understand that there’s quite a lot of frustration going on in the parts of the community who want more Indian civs, considering “The Last Khans” already improved the civ representation in Eastern Europe, “The Lords of the West” didn’t add anything relevant on that regard and “Dawn of the Dukes” will add even more Eastern Europe.

I just hope they’ll add Poles and Bohemians so that Europe as a world region for new civs can finally be closed.

2 Likes

we literally have how many groups in game that already represent those of germanic descent?

3 Likes

How to write “My name is _____” in different Indian Languages?

Hindi : मेरा नाम ____ है

(Meraa naam _____ hai)

Punjabi : ਸਦਾ ਨਾਮ ____ ਹੈ

(Sadaa naam _____ hai)

Sindhi : منهنجو نالو ____ آهي

(Mananjho naalo _____ ahe)

Nepali : मेरो नाम ____ हो

(Mero naam _____ ho)

Kashmiri : مؠٛون ناو ____ چھُ

(Myon naav _____ chhu )

Gujarati : મારું નામ ____ છે

(Maarum naam _____ chhe)

Marathi : माझे नाव ____ आहे

(Majhe naav _____ aahe)

Maithili : हमर नाम _____ छी

(Hamar naam _____ chhi)

Assamese : মোৰ নাম ____

(More naam _____ )

Bengali : আমার নাম ____

(Aamaar naam _____)

Oriya : ମୋର ନା ____

(Mora naa _____)

Sinhala : මගේ නම ____

(Mage nama _____)

Telugu : నా పేరు ____

(Na peru _____ )

Kannada : ನನ್ನ ಹೆಸರು ____

(Nanna hesaru _____)

Tamil : என் பெயர் ____

(En peyar _____)

Malayalam : എന്റെ പേര് ____

(Enre per _____)

====================================

How to write “My name is ____” in different German Language(s)?

5 Likes

Mein Name ist ____

4 Likes

Aoe1 -740 A.D.
Aoe2 394 A.D.–1598 A.D.
Aoe3 1421 A.D.–1876 A.D.
Where do you get the 1918 I ask?

WoL is 1700-1918. However yeah base Aoe3 doesnt get there

1 Like

Even though I’m not a big fan of more Germanic civs, there’s still quite some variety in terms of Germanic languages, going from English to German to Norwegian to Afrikaans:

It’s not fair to lump them all together in one box, though considering there are already Britons, Vikings, Teutons, Goths while there’s still only Indians, I think it’s pretty clear that Germanic civs are well covered.

BTW this is a thread about Dawn of the Dukes, not some possible Indian civs, which I personally would really love to see. Could we stay on topic guys? I know I went off-topic for while, but if you really desire Indian civ, there’s still the option to create proper threads for that. This is what I did too.

3 Likes

Germanic and German are different things.

8 Likes

Europe is made up of mainly Germanic, Slavonic, Romance umbrellas.

Similarly India is made up of mainly Indo-Aryans and Dravidian umbrellas.

(Not counting the smaller umbrella groups, Uralic, Celtic, Turkic (in Europe), Austro-Asiatic, Sino-Tibetan (in India)

I am sorry if it feels off-topic, I will refrain from posting any more derailing posts in this thread.

6 Likes

new civs plus change Hun’s architecture set, a new set for huns pls

4 Likes

I think you dont know what you are talking about at all. Bengalis had more than a thousant years as major players (with the only periods when they werent being the, and Dradivians were predominant and independent from beggining to the end of the game´s timeline. The Rajputs had multiple very powerful multiple powerful kingdoms and were main players until the 13th century. Mughal is an outsider empire that barely fits into the timeline though.

Do I have to explain why the India umbrella is even worse in every way possible again? Particulary compared with Teutons, the diferences are laughable. In the case of Teutons those kingdoms werent really independent nor extremelly powerful except for Austria who is well represented really well with civs already in the game already.

I didnt care or even knew about Indian medieval history until I was 13 and I only recognized that they deserved more civs on 2016. I think you are the biased guy here.

The thing is: theres already 4 civs that can represent diferent Slavs throughout the timeline: Teutons, Bulgarians (who already break the umbrella), Lithuanians and Slavs themselves. And unlike India that Slav civ is pretty Slavic and has some elements that could fit multiple Slavic civs. India only has one: India. Not even Indians + Afghans, just India.

I dont want 15. I want 2 more (Bengalis, Dradivians), 4 max (Bengalis, Tamils, Kannadas, Rajputs). And yes those four deserve to be in the game much more than any German civ with short lived importance.

I think I have to remind you who brought back India on this thread:

So dont complain about what you brought upon this post. Also talks the Polish fanboy lol

Absoutely not. Theres nothing as bad as including three civs that have little cultural similarities, no ethnical links and that were always politically separated in one civ. Beyond Dradivians, who are a diferent civ in every sense of the word, Bengalis has always been separated to the more cavalry focused north Indians and had a really diferent culture.

Lets add then also 5 Chinese civs, 7 more Muslim civs, 2 more French and 6 more Spanish civs. Thats the level of asking for more German civs when they are all unified with a pretty similar culture and either short living importance or as independent civs never did much. India has much more variation than most of those except maybe Spain if we include the Moors. We can divide Mongols, add 7 more Turkic civs, you can even justify adding Nepal even.

Yes, I think size and lasting presence during the game period matters a lot. A lot more than impact after the end of the timeline and a lot of other stuff.

Austrians only importance comes from taking control over Burgundy and Spain (if not more countries) and using that power to become emperors of the HRE all that thanks to some mariages. Its big, but we can just represent them with Spain or Teutons well enough.

4 Likes

How to know when you’re obsessed with something

Drag a topic about an upcoming DLC about Eastern Europe into a thread of arguing over Indian civs because you are salty

3 Likes

Yeah he dragged the thread here

Tbh we dont have much to talk yet. People repeat 4 civs every time: Bohemians, Polish, Finns and Serbians. The only thing to discuss is the campaigns but theres just a ton of posaibilities

I’m talking about all the people involved in the argument, the point of this thread is not to speculate on what other DLCs we could have but what the DLC that is confirmed is going to have. I went off topic for a second but not to the extent of going on and on about, if someone goes off-topic, ignore them, don’t throw wood on the fire

1 Like

This would rock. Him and his 12 champions. Would be sick to play and killer story lore.

1 Like

I know it bro :wink: . I mean that medieval “Ukraine” and “Russia” were parts of the Rus, and Kiev with Novgorod represented them both respectively during the Kievan period.

1 Like

Imho we have enough frankish stuff for now, good to focus elsewhere like China, Mayans, Persians, and lithuanians

1 Like

NO!!! :man_facepalming:

5 Likes